Home improvement (5 Viewers)

Brother, get all the advice you can get

You might be able to just pull the boards up and treat them, plus the joists

Do not fuck out or burn the original boards til you are finished - they will be a very helpful reference point for whatever is going back

Get advice. Bore yourself to tears reading about these things. Watch Youtubes.

I would try to avoid getting int a situation where you are doing overkill out of ignorance.
It will be very disheartening to do all of this and realise you only needed to do half of it.

That a furniture beetle pun? Haha

Yeah already hours deep into YouTube. Have been on this path since we bought the wonky house

It's a sink pedestal
Can't pull the sink til I put the new one in

But I only need to get to that board - there's a new wall going there

1656278187990.png

c'mere - where we're on the subject of power tools. anyone have any recommendations for a mid-priced jigsaw?

probably don't want to spend over 70-80 euro.

thinking either/either the below:

Erbauer EJS750 750W Electric Jigsaw 220-240V

want it for curvy cuts in reasonably thick timber primarily, but also straight - so the guide included in the erbaur would be a plus.

c'mere - where we're on the subject of power tools. anyone have any recommendations for a mid-priced jigsaw?

probably don't want to spend over 70-80 euro.

I have what ever the previous gen black and decker is for about ten years and it's done a pile of work.

for either you can use the shoe and lump of wood to cut straight lines, though it's not the best tool in the world for that.

If you are looking at guitar level thinknesses i'd say a bandsaw might be a better, more expensive buy. even the thickest blades can pitch a little on corners.

I have what ever the previous gen black and decker is for about ten years and it's done a pile of work.

for either you can use the shoe and lump of wood to cut straight lines, though it's not the best tool in the world for that.

If you are looking at guitar level thinknesses i'd say a bandsaw might be a better, more expensive buy. even the thickest blades can pitch a little on corners.

I'd love to get a bandsaw, but would have no room for it. The corner pitching is a pain, but thats where the coarse sandpaper and the rasp come in...

I'd love to get a bandsaw, but would have no room for it. The corner pitching is a pain, but thats where the coarse sandpaper and the rasp come in...

I'd wonder about getting *any jigsaw for cutting actual jigs and getting a wildly aggressive router for actually cutting the shapes for the work you do

the before and after pics are almost impossible to tell apart in fairness. The old fridge met a sad sad ending and i didn't want to stay locked in to buying stupidly expensive built in fridges so i removed that bit of the fitted kitchen. The stupid wine rack (i don't drink the stuff) is above where the old fridge was.

IMG_20220624_151145.jpg

Took a while because i kinda had to investigate what was actually holding up the kitchen for ages to make sure it wasn't going to collapse midway. This kitchen was build face down on the floor and then all lifted into place so most of the fittings were out of sight.

IMG_20220624_161907.jpg

There's a day or two of refinishing and tiling still to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back