Hitpiece, NFTs, and other music on the blockchain nonsense (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
I dunno man, here’s a bunch:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the point is that starting your own blockchain platform from scratch is hard work for nerds, but starting your own token is easy if you just leech off ethereum or one of the other big players. so for every “real” new blockchain platform, there’s a hundred crypto-bro sidechain-based pump-and-dump scams. and even if a new platform launches, there’s no guarantee that anyone will actually use it. so even the talmudic types who actually make these things out of non-scammy motivations also mostly fail.

all of which relates to the larger point, which is that, while I’m sure you personally are a wonderful fellow and your lady is wonderful too, the larger world of crypto is almost entirely fucking awful, both in how it actually works right now, but, more importantly, how it is managing a weird sort of hijacking of the cultural imagination, dreaming of a shitty future where everyone is a landlord or a hustler or a mark.

Hmm, that article is 4 years old and I’ve never heard of any of these sidechains.

Anyway I don’t want to fight on the internet about this. I’m just going to go away and hodl my crypto and I wish you all the best of luck.

Isnt the main goal to buy this stuff for cheap in real money, then sell on to some jerk for a higher price, in real money?

"Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravening wolves".

"Ye shall know them by their fruits".

It's not just music.. although this one does appear to have some value as a financing mechanism? Maybe? 1 x $5,000 NFT = 0.14% of the film's profits. How would that work for funding an album or a tour?

PRESS RELEASE

Award-winning Irish filmmaker Mark O’Connor teams up with Movie Coin to finance next film through crypto currency

Mark O’ Connor’s next film Oui Cannes to be financed through crypto currency

Mark O’ Connor, the award-winning writer director of Virgin Media Televison’s ‘Darklands’ and Irish smash-hit film Cardboard Gangsters has teamed up with Movie Coin, a crypto start-up which has part-financed a pugilism biopic called Prizefighter starring Russell Crowe and Ray Winstone.

Oui Cannes has set a goal to be the first movie to be 100 percent fully financed through NFT sales and crypto crowd investment through Movie Coin.

In 2012, O’ Connor wrote and directed the Irish film Stalker which starred Barry Keoghan in his first leading role. Stalker was 100 percent crowd funded through a kick starter campaign but O’Connor believes the opportunities now for crowd funding are much greater than they were back then, due to the development of blockchain technology.

O’Connor observed, “I’ve always been very interested in crowd funding where the public gets to own a stake in a movie. It gives freedom to the artist and can eliminate getting stuck in ‘development’ for years. With crypto, the public can buy NFT’s which represent a stake in the profits of a movie and these NFT’s can then be traded on the open market. It is a new model for film financing and it’s untested but if we can make it work, it could change how films are financed.”

O’ Connor notes how he doesn’t believe that this new model will take over from the current models but rather, the goal would be to eventually integrate the two. “I think Screen Ireland, The BAI and other agencies do a remarkable job but their resources are limited and because of this a lot of projects get turned down for funding so I think crypto crowd funding offers another route which could even work as initial development or gap financing. If crypto start ups such as Movie Coin could work with these agencies and avail of section 481 tax incentive, we could bring more investment to the Irish film industry.”

O’ Connor has just launched the first NFT sale for Oui Cannes which is available on Open Sea, an NFT marketplace https://opensea.io/MOVIECOIN where the purchase of a Oui Cannes NFT will give you a stake in the profits of the film.

“This is an opportunity for investors to own a piece of the movie,” continued O’Connor. “We are offering script pages from the film as minted NFT’s and artists images which all give the investor a cut of the profits in the movie. We also have hidden rewards attached to the NFT’s written into the smart contracts, such as tickets to the premiere or a chance to walk the red carpet or a walk on speaking role, in a similar way we did when we made Stalker.”

O’ Connor’s goal is to raise initial finance to shoot a promo at the Cannes Film Festival in May and from that then raise €2.5 million to shoot the entire film in September 2022. “It’s a big undertaking but it’s very exciting to be working with the Movie Coin team who are doing an excellent job,” said O’Connor. The filmmaker hopes to get the film made and then premiere it at an internationally recognised film festival such as Cannes or Sundance.

O’Connor’s previous film Cardboard Gangsters won seven awards at the Manchester Film Festival including Best Film and also Best Film at the Newport Beach Film Festival in Los Angeles. Cardboard Gangsters also won an IFTA award for John Connors who played the lead role of Jay in the film.

ENDS

i can't access twitter in work, but i saw a tweet (probably shared by pete, now that i think of it) that the amount of money being traded on NFTs now is at 3% of what it was in january.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back