Hitpiece, NFTs, and other music on the blockchain nonsense (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Too funny.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Unlicensed digital trading cards stored on the blockchain? 2022 is so cool.

It's a method of opening new markets and people love new markets so maybe Panini will start an official licensed version.

The absolute Twitter meltdown last night over “my music being sold as NFTs without permission” was a thing to behold.

patrick freyne had a decent article in the IT at the weekend on NFTs. doesn't seem to be paywalled?

It's a good piece but very little in it about how NFTs are 100% about money laundering and rich people just finding new places to put their money and avoid taxes.

The absolute Twitter meltdown last night over “my music being sold as NFTs without permission” was a thing to behold.

In all seriousness, artists might have a defamation case here, in terms of their music’s related artwork being ‘appropriated’ in such a manner that it gives the impression they support the NFT grift. Sure, their music wasn’t ‘stolen’, but there’s real potential for reputational damage (if not outright encouraging fans to sink their money into the ponzi scheme).

why is it a ponzi scheme? digital art is 100% valid. the art industry, one of the scummiest in the world, has attached the value to the object.
All capitalist markets are a ponzi scheme comrade. Like I said, it's all good, if I can stumble onto a way of making a pile of cash from crypto i'll take it, it's probably less immoral than the actual stock market where there are suffering workers getting squeezed at the bottom. We get the ponzi schemes we deserve.

Wow, I hadn't heard about this. The brazenness of it is pretty fucking funny I have to say.
I don't see what people's problem is with NFTs (excepting the environmental impact which is obviously pretty significant)- the problem is the massive hyperinflated unregulated investment bubble around them. But there's little difference between them and, say, Tesla in that regard.

Wow, I hadn't heard about this. The brazenness of it is pretty fucking funny I have to say.
I don't see what people's problem is with NFTs (excepting the environmental impact which is obviously pretty significant)- the problem is the massive hyperinflated unregulated investment bubble around them. But there's little difference between them and, say, Tesla in that regard.
Right or building giant sculptures out of precious metals dug from the ground

All capitalist markets are a ponzi scheme comrade. Like I said, it's all good, if I can stumble onto a way of making a pile of cash from crypto i'll take it, it's probably less immoral than the actual stock market where there are suffering workers getting squeezed at the bottom. We get the ponzi schemes we deserve.
Gonna make an NFT out of this post

Gonna make an NFT out of this post
Just work out a way where i get 10% of the proceeds every time it's posted.

A good conspiracy theory I came across the other day is that the end point of NFTs is just going to be people paying to post memes on social media. Everytime you post a wojack meme you pay the owner of the NFT 10 cent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back