Hip-Hop Heads Only Please (1 Viewer)

psycho

Website
www.psychonavigation.com
Two tracks taken from Brawdcast 'The Quest For Human Completion' album forthcoming on Psychonavigation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Comments good or bad welcome or forgotten.

Eh.......how does one prove his hip hop headedness?

there's a lot of following the way of christ in that soul search one is this christian hip hop?

Lyrics are a bit ...nice.... I get that they're going for the up lifting triumph over adversity deal but there isn't enough adversity in the lyrics to really grab me, and therefore it sounds a little weak, fine for background club track in a rom-com.

Wait the second one mentions the church too. This IS Christian Hip Hop.

Fuck this it'll be the Fox news theme for "urban news" by march.

Thanks guys for your comments so far.

Yes there's definitely a few god references :) but I'd personally have that any day rather than some mc rapping about killing somebody or some such offensive lyrics.. Think more soulful Hip-Hop like Common...

Here's the full press release which may or may not makes things clearer :)

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Artist : Brawdcast [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Title : 'The Quest For Human Completion'[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Label : Psychonavigation[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cat No : PSY 032[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Release Date : 8th March 2010[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Brawdcast is an artist who draws inspiration from great emcees like Common and Big L, and you can hear it in his cleverly crafted punchlines. He brings thought provoking, original concepts to each track that would make Maya Angelou bop her head.Brawdcast's concepts on tracks range from his relationship to God to straight rocking the microphone, all birthed from his unique upbringing. He has recorded commercials for Russell Simmons (thats right, the biggest man in the industry) energy drink called Defcon 3. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He has collaborated with respected artists like Pigeon John and Trek Life. Kutmasta Kurt and Brawdcast were actually in talks concerning a project, but investor issues kept the project at bay. Instead of letting the disappointment hold him back, Brawdcast found himself on an emerging independent label, O.C. Records. He is flat out the total package, smooth concepts mixed with raw lyrics that would make Big L smile. Brawdcast has received various accolades due to the quality of his debut album. He won an award for "Best Hip-Hop" at the Orange County Music Awards in 2006, 2007, and 2008, which celebrates the best music across all genres in Orange County. Brawdcast recently also just released his first 12", with the lead single as "This is It", which is a surefire banger featuring Brawdcast's ferocious flow and witty punchlines over heart-pounding production. The single has gotten massive amounts of spins on College radio shows, hitting ..24 on the National College Radio Hip-Hop charts and staying on the charts for a couple of months[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mainstream radio is also bumping Brawdcast, as "This Is It" has been played at Los Angeles's Power 106FM. Brawdcast's music has also been played on the two biggest Satellite Radio stations, XM and Sirius (Channel 40 "Hip Hop Nation"). Just like how radio stations help fans hear new music through the airwaves, Myspace is the premier internet site for people to hear new music. As a testament to Brawdcast's latest album and the immense support his fans give him, Brawdcast was Myspace's Artist of the Week from March 28th to April 4th along with Ugly Duckling and T.I. The first week of October his debut album was a feature on iTUNES, in the new releases section. Prior to this LP release a 12" EP featuring LMNO (of the Visionaries) was dropped and soared to the top of the indy hip hop singles chart....more to come.[/FONT]

Thanks guys for your comments so far.

Yes there's definitely a few god references :) but I'd personally have that any day rather than some mc rapping about killing somebody or some such offensive lyrics.. Think more soulful Hip-Hop like Common...

Is that a hash leaf on fire?

A Christian hip-hop who "draws inspiration from great emcees like Common and Big L".
The same Big L who said
"It's Big L and I'm all about taking funds,
I'm a stone villian known for killing and raping nuns.
Ayo I even kill handicapped and crippled bitches,
Look at my scalp real close and you'll see triple sixes"
Seems like a bit of a contradiction to me. Both the MC and the production are pretty bland. There are literally hundreds of throwback indie boom bap MCs doing the exact same thing only better.

Ok it seems that the Thumped members overall don't like the artist's style it seems. No problem. Sincerely I do appreciate all your comments.

Cheers,

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back