Hilarious things you've seen at gigs (1 Viewer)

watchin a very short, unattractive german man trying to bump and grind with a very tall but drunk spanish girl during a Malachi gig. epic cello laden doom ain't the best soundtrack for it and he gave her barse a sort of casual thumb-uppercut when they kept losing riddum and stormed off

We're obviously thinking about a different person or gig... At the Cork one some guy kept talking to Ian MacKaye while he was trying to talk between songs. A grown man like.

Presume ye're talking about Owensie's sprog yes? I'm definitely not referring to that.

I wasn't totaly sure he was the sprog in question but yes that'd be the incident. Thought you were being a bit anti-chisler there. But anyone with the balls to poke Rollins in the eye is okay by me.

Was anyone at the Vimanas gig where Roy tore his knee ligiments mid set and got thrown out by the bouncers cos they thought he was on drugs when in fact he was high on agony? I wasn't but that sounded like comic gold.

not for him but like.... y'know .....Fuck 'em.

I wasn't totaly sure he was the sprog in question but yes that'd be the incident. Thought you were being a bit anti-chisler there. But anyone with the balls to poke Rollins in the eye is okay by me.

Was anyone at the Vimanas gig where Roy tore his knee ligiments mid set and got thrown out by the bouncers cos they thought he was on drugs when in fact he was high on agony? I wasn't but that sounded like comic gold.

not for him but like.... y'know .....Fuck 'em.

Right, yes. I was talking about the Cork gig anyways, which was also in a church, so you can understand the confusion.

In short... not a child-hating psycho!

Maybe that was his pen name?
Arf_Arf_by_y3w.png

Babes in Toyland played years ago in the Tivoli, It was the week after Bio-hazard played and their bouncers bet the shit out of the house security for hitting on the crowd surfing kids. At the Babes in toyloand gig there was fuck all people there and one lad started giving the bouncer shit thinking he'd be safe in the crowd. The bouncer hopped over the barrier and chassed him throught the crowd, which was funny.

our first gig in scotland, i went to stand on the monitor for a bass solo thing, the monitor was soaked in beer and i fell like a bag of shit off the stage, uppercutting myself in the chin with the headstock and ended up winded on the floor be between the punters and the barrier.

a battle of the bands years back, we had a screw loose drummer at the time, he finished the set by bouncing the sticks off the toms into the crowd, which both hit the judges pretty violently, meanwhile it was the singers birthday and some folks had wrote '21' on a cake and put it on the dancefloor, they lit once candle and the whole thing went up in an inferno.

at a fred concert in the red box a few years ago. i was standing at the bar at the back talking to a friend when the guitarist - still playing - appeared from out of the crowd right in front of me, borne on the back of some lady punter (he had a wireless guitar). funny shit

Many years ago in Doran's a friend of a friend, who's band had just come off stage was talking to our mutual friend:
Mutual friend says "Good gig man" etc.
Singer says "Yeah, thanks. It was alright. The fucking sound was shit though. Engineer didn't know what the fuck he was doing."
The sound engineer, who's standing at the desk about 2 yards away, looks over and goes:
"What?!"

*silence

Singer man: "Uhhh...yeah man, anyway, thanks for coming, gotta go"
Hurries off up the stairs, with the sound engineer darting up after him going "Come back here ya bollocks. What the fuck ya saying?!"

Many years ago in Doran's a friend of a friend, who's band had just come off stage was talking to our mutual friend:
Mutual friend says "Good gig man" etc.
Singer says "Yeah, thanks. It was alright. The fucking sound was shit though. Engineer didn't know what the fuck he was doing."
The sound engineer, who's standing at the desk about 2 yards away, looks over and goes:
"What?!"

*silence

Singer man: "Uhhh...yeah man, anyway, thanks for coming, gotta go"
Hurries off up the stairs, with the sound engineer darting up after him going "Come back here ya bollocks. What the fuck ya saying?!"

Oh Dear god a tale of Dorans sound engineer tetchiness? Surely not.

A support band I saw in Whelans a few years ago did their entire set dressed as paramilitaries (they were from the north). Full balaclavas and all.

A gig I did at Halloween in a god forsaken hole in the midlands where the whole pub was invaded by a local fancy dress party - everyone had left early cos it was shit wherever they were supposed to have been. Cue drunken mosh pit of bumblebees, Frankenstein, and giant fruit going absolutely ape shit. Literally swinging from the light fittings. The publican stopped the gig to calm them all down and kick them out.

Grant Lee Buffalo in the Olympia bleeding years ago. I don't think security were expecting moshers. A guy burst onto the stage and hugged grant lee phillips. Bouncers converged, and he did a stage dive into the crowd to escape. Of course, this was the olympia, so there were seats in, and the crowd was sparse. People parted like the red sea and he landed on his back across a row of seats. Somehow he managed to get up and run.

A guy at in the second row of a Fight Like Apes gig. Jumping around the gaff off his face. Listening to his iPod.

A support band I saw in Whelans a few years ago did their entire set dressed as paramilitaries (they were from the north). Full balaclavas and all.

Supporting Ham Sandwich? Band called Action Force? I know them well, they're from Letterkenny.

I knew him as Biro ? Are talking bout same person ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

thats his initials, dont want to say his name online. small chap, very white, jet black hair, played guitar, from cork. its him alright id say, unless there was another incident of throwing a bottle at brian moloko at a gig in ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back