Help!! Jpeg to Word Conversion (1 Viewer)

Lord Damian

i know this is likely the wrong forum, so apologies in advance Pete if you have to move this thread.

Wondering if anyone out there knows how to convert a jpeg (or a pdf) file to a Word file. I realize some re-formatting of the finished document would likely be in order but something's better than nothing!

thanks folks.

Lord Damian said:
i know this is likely the wrong forum, so apologies in advance Pete if you have to move this thread.

Wondering if anyone out there knows how to convert a jpeg (or a pdf) file to a Word file. I realize some re-formatting of the finished document would likely be in order but something's better than nothing!

thanks folks.
if you have the latest version of adobe reader you can select the text, copy it and then paste to word

not too sure about the jpeg option though, actually did a quick google on it try this page

Lord Damian said:

thanks folks.

simple way is open the jpeg, right-click and select copy then open word and paste will give you the jpeg contained in a word doc

ooops - shoulda mentioned that the reason i need this is to actually copy text from the jpeg or pdf to Word, and then be able to modify the text in Word...do not want to copy and paste an image...

anyhow, tried Adobe version 7 and it only allowed copying/pasting of images, so i tried to uninstall and now i have no Adobe so (SIGH)...

"TECH SUPPPPPPPORT!!!!"

if the pdf has been generated from some sort of word processing program, you can grab the text fairly easily. if it's from a jpeg, you're fucked.

Anthony said:
if it's a jpg then forget about it and start typing.
If it's a pdf there may be some hope.
well i can turn a jpeg into a pdf so no worries there. i think we (yeah, it's for work) need the pro adobe suite thingy so i'll have to requisition a license from the Systems Veep.
i just wanna be able to scan text-heavy documents, save the as pdf's and then somehow convert or copy the text to a Word doc. probably sounds hardr than it is...

ahhh you need one of those text reader programmes... can't remember what they are called. They are a bit dodgy anyway. Quicker to find someone who can actually type because you end up checking it and correcting it's mistakes.

What are they called again?

Theseus Mock said:
if the pdf has been generated from some sort of word processing program, you can grab the text fairly easily. if it's from a jpeg, you're fucked.
a lot of the pdf's i'll wanna cut and paste from used to be Word documents...if that makes sense.

Anthony said:
ahhh you need one of those text reader programmes... can't remember what they are called. They are a bit dodgy anyway. Quicker to find someone who can actually type because you end up checking it and correcting it's mistakes.

What are they called again?
well yeah the woman in our group who needs this the most was prepared for some formatting issues.

assuming you want to scan documents in with some OCR software & not as images you should be alright.

Anthony said:
you're confusing me, you want to get text out of scans right?
yeah, but not as an image - i need to grab it from a scan, paste it into Word and then be able to like, you know, add/delete text in there.

Lord Damian said:
OCR? me no techie, me no speakie da lingua.

OCR is optical charactar recognition - basically most scanners will come with software that can convert a scanned document from an image into a text file. you've already got the scanned document (image) so now you just need to convert it.

hate to be a bummer but jpeg to word conversion is not possible.... a jpeg is a flat image without layers so you can't extract text like you might from a psd (photoshop layered image) .....
curious about these text recognition devices.... they sound funky (in a nerdy sort of way)

thanks for the input everyone, the issue is now in the hands of our systems department. if they want to make our lives easier they'll figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back