Hellworld Thread (3 Viewers)

At least it's possible the moon landings were faked
you're underestimating the massive level of sheer gobshitery within the US gov.

There's some really good engineers working for the US, but once you get into the management class the white hot heat of knowing fuck all eclipses everything, often including realizing the engineers know what they're doing.

Basically the people that could co-ordinate a coverup are way less capable than the people that could send astronauts to the moon.

They're on the frightening end of the fucking gobshite spectrum.

I remember seeing a thing a while ago that was pointing out that the effort to send people to the moon was one that created an incredible amount of institutional knowledge, within NASA. basically these people were like triple-PhD-level experts at solving a million different arcane problems involved in sending people to the moon. then that institutional knowledge just withered away over the following thirty years or so, as people moved on, or retired, or died.

the related point is that it was possible to send people to the moon in 1969, because of this space-race institutional knowledge — but now that the knowledge is gone, it’s probably not possible to send people to the moon *now*.

paradoxically, there was basically no CGI in 1969, so it was completely impossible for them to fake the moon landings back then.

or to put it another way, doing *real* moon landings was an *easier* technological task in 1969 than faking a moon landing for TV. whereas in 2021, with the institutional knowledge gone, but with CGI much better, the opposite is true.

I think he's just pretending. Anyway, I think to fake a moon landing you just need careful lighting and a big studio with dirt on the floor or maybe the desert at night. Get them to jump around and play it back in slow motion.
ss-170117-men-who-walked-moon-irwin-mn-09.jpg

I remember seeing a thing a while ago that was pointing out that the effort to send people to the moon was one that created an incredible amount of institutional knowledge, within NASA. basically these people were like triple-PhD-level experts at solving a million different arcane problems involved in sending people to the moon. then that institutional knowledge just withered away over the following thirty years or so, as people moved on, or retired, or died.

the related point is that it was possible to send people to the moon in 1969, because of this space-race institutional knowledge — but now that the knowledge is gone, it’s probably not possible to send people to the moon *now*.

paradoxically, there was basically no CGI in 1969, so it was completely impossible for them to fake the moon landings back then.

or to put it another way, doing *real* moon landings was an *easier* technological task in 1969 than faking a moon landing for TV. whereas in 2021, with the institutional knowledge gone, but with CGI much better, the opposite is trA mate of mine who was an rnglosf
A mate of mine who was a Scottish physicist had a similar tale about the nuclear industry in the Uk… basically in the 60s the brightest minds were attracted in, but through the 80s the attractiveness of a career in the sector dropped off, with the net result the dross and deadwood were running the show by the late 90s.
Apocryphal, but equally believable and scary

or to put it another way, doing *real* moon landings was an *easier* technological task in 1969 than faking a moon landing for TV. whereas in 2021, with the institutional knowledge gone, but with CGI much better, the opposite is true.
They're testing the Artemis capsule this week though, launching it to sling around the moon. Eh I mean they're doing that on the computers for broadcast this week

I think he's just pretending. Anyway, I think to fake a moon landing you just need careful lighting and a big studio with dirt on the floor or maybe the desert at night. Get them to jump around and play it back in slow motion.
ss-170117-men-who-walked-moon-irwin-mn-09.jpg
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back