Hellworld Thread (6 Viewers)

That's giving the rest of us masturbators with the occasional delusion a bad name.

In other Hellworld news, anyone else come across actual Irish nazis recently? I met a couple yesterday in Rathmines threatening a Muslim couple. Real pumped-full-of-amphetamines, hyper-aggressive muscly skinhead stuff. And not poor/disenfranchised either, these guys were gym-going types. I talked to the couple, who looked African, and said those don't represent Irish people (obviously) because there was nothing else I could do really. The fucker threatened me physically and all. Called me a "liberal", which is a very much US term. Anyone fancy forming a posse and beating the shit outta them?

That reminds me of being called a "hippy" in school (because I had long hair, duh). My response was always to ask what was wrong with being a hippy?

I was with the fan theory - like either they are narcissistic like Tan, or deeply in need of someone to direct them like that lad across the road from me. I feel like that Tan wouldn't be able to resist coming back here for image reasons, while one of the henchmen types would be afraid to come back as they'd be so close to having to publicly deal with reality without tan there to tell them what to do.

Scrodinger's Tan.

That's giving the rest of us masturbators with the occasional delusion a bad name.

In other Hellworld news, anyone else come across actual Irish nazis recently? I met a couple yesterday in Rathmines threatening a Muslim couple. Real pumped-full-of-amphetamines, hyper-aggressive muscly skinhead stuff. And not poor/disenfranchised either, these guys were gym-going types. I talked to the couple, who looked African, and said those don't represent Irish people (obviously) because there was nothing else I could do really. The fucker threatened me physically and all. Called me a "liberal", which is a very much US term. Anyone fancy forming a posse and beating the shit outta them?
Liberal. Jesus christ. When did being an actual fucking brainless thug come back into fashion? I often thought some kind of live stream would sort a lot of that shit out. So you video them, they come for your phone, smash it or whatever, but your video is already live on the internet. Is there an app for this which would be quick to trigger? Not facebook.

I'm 50/50 about whether BeeGee was Tantrumino. Infuriating blockheaded shit(s)

That other little shit Dave Cullen seems to have all but disappeared from youtube. There's a wee bit of hopeworld for you.

Last edited:
So they're blaming people desperate to buy a house. ie; "It's your own fault" while they laugh it up.
Like why wasn't the asking price accepted? "hold out lads, you'll get more".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That guy's analysis is actually really interesting - the bidding war in this case was driven by a) high rents and b) the terms the council offers to private property owners for renting their properties as social housing. The action the council is taking to try and help individuals who can't afford a house is actually making things worse for everyone else

I dunno exactly why... but I've been getting 2008 pre meltdown vibes.

The hyperwealthy are doing their gouging in the upper strata of the markets etc seems to going a little bit suspiciously well, the housing market seems to be frenzied, and things seem to be generally more fucking bonkers than normal despite the fact that there's exactly no reason for all of this.

I dunno.

I mean, jesus christ, here's the Irish Times today

property as investment should be illegal as long as we still have a single homeless person
yeah, there's a point where things start to start looking like what's been happening in Vancouver or Londaaaahn, where foreign investors are using property as a hedge or a vehicle to store wealth in, and any thought of actually using it for people to live in is a distant second consideration, if at all.

They've been stashing money in various other novel (I think?) hedges, vintage cars and paintings are two that seem obvious, but property is an exceptionally handy one for foreign investors, and it's fucking devastating for any poor bastard intending to live in those places unless they've inherited a gaff.

I had a nice job offer in Vancouver, everything sorted, salary seemed ok until I realise that there was no way I could not afford to live in Vancouver on that salary. Even with a tiny budget for food I'd be barely breaking even, assuming nothing went wrong and I didn't buy anything. So, just had to turn it down. I didn't even bother trying to negotiate, the price of places in Vancouver wasn't remotely conceivable. It's unfortunate.

I thought they'd limited foreign property investment in Vancouver? Probably that just means you get local middlemen to buy it for you ...

Rents in London have dropped significantly since the pandemic began, according to my London ex-workmates. Is it true, London thumpeders?

I thought they'd limited foreign property investment in Vancouver? Probably that just means you get local middlemen to buy it for you ...

Rents in London have dropped significantly since the pandemic began, according to my London ex-workmates. Is it true, London thumpeders?
Yep. We got a bargain on our place. Worried the landlord might try to put it up again next year

oh yeah?
This was a few years ago, I came into the situation not knowing anything and then trying to work out how a place could exist like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back