Hellworld Thread (3 Viewers)

Paying people to make stuff and then paying other people to destroy it is so ... sci-fi

How come we haven't gotten any of the cool sci-fi stuff? Space travel? Immortality? We're just getting this dystopian bollocks instead :(
David Graeber would blame greed and capitalism (if he were alive) which has endowed us with social control and pointless jobs instead of space cars and loads of free time. There are actual people trying to organise the space travel and immortality though. Mostly capitalists.

Space travel and immortality for them, built on a mountain of corpses.

What of it??

That's giving the rest of us masturbators with the occasional delusion a bad name.

In other Hellworld news, anyone else come across actual Irish nazis recently? I met a couple yesterday in Rathmines threatening a Muslim couple. Real pumped-full-of-amphetamines, hyper-aggressive muscly skinhead stuff. And not poor/disenfranchised either, these guys were gym-going types. I talked to the couple, who looked African, and said those don't represent Irish people (obviously) because there was nothing else I could do really. The fucker threatened me physically and all. Called me a "liberal", which is a very much US term. Anyone fancy forming a posse and beating the shit outta them?

I mean lol if you bought one of these things.

David Graeber would blame greed and capitalism (if he were alive) which has endowed us with social control and pointless jobs instead of space cars and loads of free time. There are actual people trying to organise the space travel and immortality though. Mostly capitalists.
we are already travelling through space

In other Hellworld news, anyone else come across actual Irish nazis recently? I met a couple yesterday in Rathmines threatening a Muslim couple. Real pumped-full-of-amphetamines, hyper-aggressive muscly skinhead stuff. And not poor/disenfranchised either, these guys were gym-going types. I talked to the couple, who looked African, and said those don't represent Irish people (obviously) because there was nothing else I could do really. The fucker threatened me physically and all. Called me a "liberal", which is a very much US term. Anyone fancy forming a posse and beating the shit outta them?
Well, yeah, but I think we're too old to be any good at that shit now. If we followed them around laughing at them and puncturing their preposterous self-importance with our rapier oul-lad wit it'd probably be just as effective

That's giving the rest of us masturbators with the occasional delusion a bad name.

The fucker threatened me physically and all. Called me a "liberal", which is a very much US term. Anyone fancy forming a posse and beating the shit outta them?

They love adopting a whole mindset from america to protect Ireland from their imaginary version of Ireland for sure. I'm very wary of even interaction with people who've gotten into this state - Once they start parroting shit like that you know they are on autopilot.

the guy w/ the John Wayne avatar who posted on thumped started throwing the term 'liberal' around here a few years ago. I asked why he used US far right jargon and why he liked Marion aka J.W.

apparently shortly after he had a milkshake thrown over him and his pal while they were doing a live blog.
the conversation had just turned to joking about burning out a direct provision centre.

the guy w/ the John Wayne avatar who posted on thumped started throwing the term 'liberal' around here a few years ago. I asked why he used US far right jargon and why he liked Marion aka J.W.

apparently shortly after he had a milkshake thrown over him and his pal while they were doing a live blog.
the conversation had just turned to joking about burning out a direct provision centre.

Was that Black Grape, was he a proper IRL arsehole rather than just being a dick online'?

He denied it but also posted videos of Tan Torino saying check out the Irish guy so I guessed it was probably him. He hasn't posted here since then either. Possibly a double coincidence of course..

He denied it but also posted videos of Tan Torino saying check out the Irish guy so I guessed it was probably him. He hasn't posted here since then either. Possibly a double coincidence of course..

I thought maybe he was just a fan of tan, I didn't make that connection. But you may be right.

I was with the fan theory - like either they are narcissistic like Tan, or deeply in need of someone to direct them like that lad across the road from me. I feel like that Tan wouldn't be able to resist coming back here for image reasons, while one of the henchmen types would be afraid to come back as they'd be so close to having to publicly deal with reality without tan there to tell them what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back