Hellworld Thread (2 Viewers)

With these busts are they catching a lot of the same people over and over? I don't see 30,000 people going to trial on this. I'd bet loads of them vanish and get away.

In 2018 the DEA budget was $2.086 billion.
[/URL]

So, that's >2 billion stopping people smoking weed and crack.

I wonder what the investment was in investigations like the above.
It's very vague on details. Like, think of how many more images there are on the internet now compared to 15 years ago:

1 Second - Internet Live Stats

It makes sense to me that as society goes more online and takes billions more photos then the crimes that were being committed anyway also get recorded more. Possibly it's a good thing, more chance of people getting caught? Unpleasant to have to read about though :/

I was just thinking it would be pure 2020 if this man also ended up being the author of the response form the company

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

response

Been watching the cuts at the Guardian and it's mad to see the first comment on the journal, for example, saying:

Wouldn’t be sorry to see the guardian to the wall. Nothing but a far left echo chamber.

then people on twitter sharing this

everyone seeing the enemy everywhere. I mean, i'm with the Twitter guy but you have to recognize that a lot of people think it's the mouthpiece of the Venezuelan government or something.

Been watching the cuts at the Guardian and it's mad to see the first comment on the journal, for example, saying:

Wouldn’t be sorry to see the guardian to the wall. Nothing but a far left echo chamber.

then people on twitter sharing this

everyone seeing the enemy everywhere. I mean, i'm with the Twitter guy but you have to recognize that a lot of people think it's the mouthpiece of the Venezuelan government or something.

There's no money left in the whole "if everyone is mad at you you're probably doing something right" attitude.

So gun control then. I wonder if that means they also would object to, say, "Gimme Back My Bullets" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, an anti-gun song (among other things) merely on the basis that it uses the word "bullet".

at least you have some idea of where the guardian stands. the BBC seems to inhabit all points of the political spectrum at any one time, depending on who you ask.

They actually honestly think they're making the world a better place with this kind of carry on. Sure the reason we've peace in the North now is cos protestants stopped calling catholics "taigs", right?

Nah I'm with snakybus on this one. Just because

early 16th century (denoting a cannonball): from French boulet, boulette ‘small ball’, diminutive of boule, from Latin bulla ‘bubble’.

The word is only offensive because they are hearing the meaning that is a weapon. tell them it means little teeny tiny bubbly balls and that is funny, cute and lewd, which is what we need in the workplace. This one is on them.

It's a "violent language" thing
The violent language thing is real, I remember Ursula leGuin talking about it just after Trump was elected (great post, scroll down to 199), but fucking hell, passive aggression is still aggression. You don't win friends by lecturing them about how wrong they are.

at least you have some idea of where the guardian stands. the BBC seems to inhabit all points of the political spectrum at any one time, depending on who you ask.
I know what you're saying, and I would hold that the BBC News team are beholden to the Tories (but I would think that), but clearly the Guardian is entering a very similar spectrum if they're both far-left and doing everything they can to ensure Corbyn loses.

i'm not exposed to foreign media nearly as much as i probably should be, but what are other european countries like regarding the media (mainly newspapers, i guess), explicitly aligning with or endorsing political parties, the way it is in the UK? and the US too.

Nah I'm with snakybus on this one. Just because

The word is only offensive because they are hearing the meaning that is a weapon. tell them it means little teeny tiny bubbly balls and that is funny, cute and lewd, which is what we need in the workplace. This one is on them.

Yeah Egg, on the next conference just say they're balls. "I'm going to make a balls list of what we need, yeah? Just gonna insert my balls right up here where you can see them."

The violent language thing is real, I remember Ursula leGuin talking about it just after Trump was elected (great post, scroll down to 199)
Good post indeed, and I absolutely agree that our behaviour is profoundly affected by the stories that we imagine ourselves taking part in, individually or collectively. I disagree however that individual word choices matter ... but because you're siding with me in the "bullet points" thing I don't want to argue with you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back