Hellworld Thread (3 Viewers)

I was talking to someone on Saturday whose mother works in water testing. She said the water in Galway , Roscommon etc has very high levels of naturally-occurring arsenic , and no matter how much you filter it it will never meet safety standards. The boil notices that were put in place a few years ago will never go away as they don't want people to resume drinking it. Sounds like a "man down the pub" story, but it was a girl...so.

Might be of interest @ann post

I was talking to someone on Saturday whose mother works in water testing. She said the water in Galway , Roscommon etc has very high levels of naturally-occurring arsenic , and no matter how much you filter it it will never meet safety standards. The boil notices that were put in place a few years ago will never go away as they don't want people to resume drinking it. Sounds like a "man down the pub" story, but it was a girl...so.

Might be of interest @ann post
Can confirm this, people I know in Roscommon, their water still has to be boiled in 2019.

Can confirm this, people I know in Roscommon, their water still has to be boiled in 2019.
I think there is a general impression that boiling it will make "e-coli" or whatever the contaminant is believed to be go away, or indeed that the problem can be fixed "if only the government pulls the finger out" but it seems not.

I think there is a general impression that boiling it will make "e-coli" or whatever the contaminant is believed to be go away, or indeed that the problem can be fixed "if only the government pulls the finger out" but it seems not.
was it hurting people beforehand? Why did they make the decision at that time?

I was talking to someone on Saturday whose mother works in water testing. She said the water in Galway , Roscommon etc has very high levels of naturally-occurring arsenic , and no matter how much you filter it it will never meet safety standards.
Filtering won't do it, but you can remove arsenic using ion-exchange - same operating principle as a water softener. We have an ion-exchange thing in our shed cos the water from our well has loads of manganese in it

Almost a non budget. increases are so small they kinda track inflation, pretty useless on the climate front and fake money for brexit. If brexit actually dissolved i could see it turning into a giveaway pre election 2020. pillow fluffing for
people who aren't on minimum wage. sitting waiting for the motor industry bitching about not being propped up email here.

9 million for greenways*
They charging points at taxi ranks is kinda funny. boylan will knock at least a weeks work out of that.

*useless roads for bikes that require an SUV to get to. I suspect cork will spend that overnight though they actually have legit idea there with the middleton greenway.

Real estate agency Sherry Fitzgerald "cautiously welcomed" some of the budgetary measures, "specifically the retention of the help to buy scheme for a further two-year period".

However, the company's head of residential, Marian Finnegan, said that it "disappointingly...failed to address key issues relating to the residential rental crisis".

"Furthermore, despite the significant challenges in the rental market the Government have once again failed to address the continued outflow of private investors from the buy to let market."

Oh no, not the private investors

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back