hellboy thread.. (2 Viewers)

HELLBOY! HELLLLLLBOOOYYYYYY!!!

i can't wait. i actually can't.
the new york reviews are great, it looks great, it came from a good comic, the cast and effects look great.... oh..

although, saying that, i was looking forward to AVP, and its fairly shite. boooooo..

saw this on dvd at party ages ago..

it could have been (i) i wasnt really paying attention or (ii) it was a pretty poor quality rip.. but it seemed deadful. i imagine it would work better in the cinema. but the dialogue/acting was horrendous. selma blair could always keep me amused for 90min though.

pirate dvds seem to be very popular with the kids these days. it would just annoy me watching films in shit quality all the time. i love my ugc unlimiteeed pass lots.

just finished watching it & it's not bad at all, though i never read the comic - was better than stupid fucking spiderman anyways.

Next: The Punisher

Latex lizzie said:
didn't dolph lundgren do that already? (I know prolly shite) so hellboy is good eh..?
hellboy is deadly!! lots of cool references to the comic if you're into it, but it doesnt rely on knowing it to follow what's going on.
special effects are amazing, a good mix of animatronics and cgi
the WWII stuff at the start is fucking unreal, as is the bad guy Nazi dude that runs around in the gimp mask.
one of my favourite films of the year

i'd imagine how this wouldn't look that great on pirate, over all it's pretty dark - so if it was pirated with a camcorder in the cinema you're not gonna make out a whole lot of detail and it's just gonna come across as shit

you've got to hand it to ron perlman like. possibly the ugliest person in the world, and he's made a career out of it. fair play to him.

i thought it was shit. poorly paced, boring monster that looked like one of those sea monsters from the phantom menace, a shallow one-trick hero (has a cigar, acts nonchalant- wow), a REALLY shit climax, an arch-baddie who looked like a freddie mercury groupie, a boring side-kick... man. it sucks!

and pete, spiderman 2 is great! on a par with Burton's Batman films.

your loving grandfather,
grandmaster flash

and i'm not being facetious.

eta: damn you bernard and your posting while i'm trying to talk to myself.

The Nazi guy should have a spin off horror movie all of his own... Amazing charictar...

piss poor movie buh

I thought it was good, not amazing (I've never read the comics so I might be missing some of the finer points), but hardly shit.

on mature recollection, gay fish niles crane was my favourite
I liked it too, slightly lame storyline but the effects were nice and non-normal
selma blair needs to get off the valium, buh.

bombidol said:
Punisher is fucking Awful. Hellboy is the business though. huge fan of the comics too

ah, was ok, watched it at home two weeks ago, enjoyed it. far more so than Daredevil, which was piss poor. and an infinity of stars better than The Chronicles of Riddick(ulous), which was completely unwatchable. Green and purple strobe lighting at the action-packed moments doth not a sci-fi movie make. Switched it off after 15 minutes.

mind you, some of the effects in hellboy were a little bit shit, like when he gets thrown through the glass cases in the museum by the hellhound. overall, a three star rating, cos it is pretty faithful to the comics, and not total shit.

Haven't read any of the comics, but still enjoyed the movie well enough. Wasn't blown away though. I didn't like the ending at all.. it was all just a little "oh.. well, that was easy..".

The hellhounds and shit were cool though. Lovecraft would have been proud.

got it on dvd in america las week, its well worth seeing and i'm a big hellboy fan, usually hate wen movies are made of comics coz they fuck them up... toby miguire has forever ruined spidar man for me.. and garfield thats a pile of piss.. he usd to be my favourite carcy bastard but that film ruined it, and the hulk, for fuck sake and then uve got remake of cat in the hat.. all this comic book/comic strip stuff is obviously bringin in the money at the mo, and i usually refrain from giving my contribution BUT hellboy rocks, gud gud gud adaptation, i liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back