• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Not yet

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I won't be able

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes for both. The whole point of a democracy is that all of a country's citizens can engage in the political process. By restricting an office to a certain age group, it stops being a democracy. If you're old enough to vote then should be considered a viable option to run for office. It doesn't mean you're the best candidate but have the over 35s been the best candidates so far?

I was going to vote no to child presidents but fuck it, can't be worse than dana. I'm expecting that one not to pass, I heard a lot of grumbling about pensions for life for 28 year olds.

The pension for life was introduced because the post was always filled by middle aged men who wouldn't find employment after their term of office, I assume.
We should have another referendum to lower the wage and get rid of the pension for life for all public representatives.

Actually, let's have a referendum to see if we should have that referedum

Not yet. Will walk down to polling station with the wife and kids after work.

i voted no on the other one.

while 21 year olds have the right to be surgeons, architects, etc. there's a certain level of training and experience required which means they won't be sufficiently qualified or experienced until they're past that age and i see the office of president as similar. i think an age of 35 means there's a greater likelihood that the successful candidate will bring a degree of wisdom and maturity that the office requires. i.m.h.o.

i voted no on the other one.

while 21 year olds have the right to be surgeons, architects, etc. there's a certain level of training and experience required which means they won't be sufficiently qualified or experienced until they're past that age and i see the office of president as similar. i think an age of 35 means there's a greater likelihood that the successful candidate will bring a degree of wisdom and maturity that the office requires. i.m.h.o.

I voted yes. It is unlikely anyone under say 40 would ever be elected but I don't think there is a specific skillset required of a President. Being polite, friendly, and not a buffoon is perhaps all the skills a POI needs.

I voted yes. It is unlikely anyone under say 40 would ever be elected but I don't think there is a specific skillset required of a President. Being polite, friendly, and not a buffoon is perhaps all the skills a POI needs.

This. Initially I was 'Get off my lawn 21 year old presidents!' but it's not like the nomination process is lax enough that any One Directioner/Jedwardian would even get through for the nomination stage.

took me an hour and 35 minutes to cycle to the polling station where i am registered to vote but i voted, yes in both cases.

was a bit unsure on the presidential vote but felt that the yes there was correct choice to make.

oh i see if i turned right when i left my house, it would have been only a 8 minute to cycle to my polling station, oh well :D

Gonna head back to rural now to yes all over the plce. Ireland needs a Joffrey.

joffrey.gif

I voted even more determinedly than this guy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

voted about an hour ago. Was never so nervous casting a vote. No crowds at all in my polling station, which was a primary school so lots of catholic statues and stuff about the place. They should have been made remove all that.

Voted Yes for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back