Have Russia Made a Diplomatic Mistake? (1 Viewer)

Is this a bad diplomatic move By Russia

• Yes, Iraq is on the brink of war with the usa

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, buisness is buisness and with usa' capitalistic ways they'd understand this

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • NO, Saddamm will be ousted by the time it comes into fruition

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Why should i care, it doesn't affect me?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IFF

Story from Rte.ie/news:
Russia, Iraq to sign economic co-operation deal

August 18, 2002

(07:34) Senior Iraqi diplomats have said that Russia and Iraq are planning to sign an economic co-operation deal worth up to $60 billion.

The Iraqi ambassador in Moscow, Abbas Khalaf, said it was likely that the deal would be signed within the next couple of weeks.

He said that the proposal will include new projects as well as the modernisation of Soviet-built infrastructure in Iraq.

However, he also said that the deal would not violate United Nations trade sanctions against Baghdad.

This new deal could signal to the West that Russia would be unlikely to support any US military operation against Iraq that would threaten its own economic interests.

in my opinion, yes they ahve. considering the current climate in the world and the iminent american led (only followers i think are britain) attack on iraq. this deal to me

George Bush junior may take this as russia are allying themselves with the Iraqi govt of Saddam Hussein.

of course possibly by the time this help from russia in this economic deal between the two nations , maybe the american attack will be over , saddam hussein under arrest in america and the world will be lovely and safe and america will turn their sights to northkorea as their next victim of their trying to solve everyobdy's problems with a quick fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back