Hasn't the internet come so far in 20 years? (1 Viewer)

That just made me realise I've had an email account for 20 years.
Also, I still use variations of the same password combination since then.
you had an account on the original harvard (the)facebook didn't you? That makes you an innernet pioneer I reckon.

I got my first e-mail address in 1993 in college. I knew one guy in trinity with e-mail and basically just mailed him and people in my class.

In 1994 we got Mosaic (prehistoric web browser) and I remember seeing the first ever picture I saw on the internet (it was of Ryan Giggs and loaded in a separate window).

My how things/times have changed. I was listening to the radio last night and yer man Cormac Battle was telling people to contact him either via twitter, or the "traditional" method, e-mail. When did e-mail replace letter-writing as the traditional method of contacting people?

I think the first website I ever visited was the blur website. The url was on the artwork in The Great Escape jewel-case.

Used to connect to a BBS, Electronic Media Network, and swap midi files from my smokingly quick 50MHz Dell. That was in '92 I think.

I first used the internet in 2000, then it was crappy dial up, no youtube, no videos, just website pages. It was addictive then but now its on a whole new level. Its become almost impossible to do without. Is that a good thing?..I'm not so sure. Seriously thinking of cancelling my UPC subscription and going without it for a year.

In/post college (mid/late 90s) I lived with about 7 guys in a big old house. We registered the domain name ChicksDontDigMe and were planning to make a site where we all wrote articles about trying to get women. Helpful and funny pieces of journalism with artwork. Just the smallest bit of space cost so much money back then. We had t-shirts planned too but it all just fizzled out. It would have been funny. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back