Harley Benton! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 195
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 4
That'll be you soon enough.

Yeah and my favourite amp will be 60 by then. The cabs are heavier but I have casters. Don't think I'd ever give up my 15s there. Unless I win the lotto and can afford some Barefaced cabs maybe.

Tempted to pick up another HB class D amp. Was thinking of another Block 800 but spotted this lad today. Using the Icepower module again so ya know it'll be decent and I have a nice wee selection of preamps to try with it.

Defo a you know you're getting old when I'm seriously thinking of running two wee class D amps instead of a valve amp.

BAM

HB update. I was just over with my bro who has 3 HB guitars. I did some tinkering with them all which made them all better.
Tele: good intonation, weird matt neck, fun to play, action was crazy, I dropped it a lot.
Les Paul: very good build, very solid. Personally I didn't like it but that might be a les Paul thing
353/hollowbody thing: Again, very good build, no complaints, proper guitar.

Not sure how they sounded because I was playing through a Blackstar Fly tiny amp, which I LOVED.

I’ve got a HB Tele but I don’t use it enough as the action is indeed a bit high. Can I lower it at the bridge?

I’ve got a HB Tele but I don’t use it enough as the action is indeed a bit high. Can I lower it at the bridge?
You'll get the action mad low on that no problem. All my HBs have perfect action.I have found the frets to be ideal on them all. Maybe the odd one here or there that s a bit high but nothing serious
You might need to shim the neck. Very simple procedure

Yeah - I had the 15w combo. Pretty decent amp. I moved it on as it was too big for home, not enough clean vol for jamming/gigging.
If I had the space I’d have kept it
Yeah I like the 5 watter. I don't play it loud and use an overdrive pedal..but it sounds like a little 50s fender amp..or at least what I imagine one to sound like

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back