Harbo "Niall" Harbison (3 Viewers)

What’s a ‘dark Facebook ad’? Some scammy way of doing FB ads for GROWTH HACKING?

It's basically using the audience segmentation tools available in facebook to make sure a promoted post is only seen by a very specific group... and then some. So in the past when we had a facebook page, I might have used promoted posts it if i was doing a comp or ticket giveaway to make sure the post was only seen by people within a certain geographic area who'd be able to get to the gig; another approach might be to only let an ad/promoted post be seen by I dunno... 18-35 year olds who like a certain genre of music or whatever.

But facebook took it a step further by allowing you to do it for unpublished posts - if you weren't in the chosen demographic that the promoted post was targeted at, you would never be able to see the post in question. Pair that up with negative messaging, and you have Dark Advertising DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Trump campaign using targeted Facebook posts to discourage black Americans from voting

Someone took a grab of it, for posterity.
DnZPK18WwAE91Hd.jpg:large

So ... you can run very highly-targeted campaigns with unpublished posts? Unpublished posts being just like ... ads? I dunno where the 'dark' part is coming from

I *think* it’s because they don’t appear as ads but as normal FB posts. You’re none the wiser with regard to it being a highly targeted paid post.

I think the 'dark' part is also because they were usually negative. And because anyone not targeted was completely... in the dark about them.

According to his bio he is happily living in Thailand not bothering Ireland anymore. Unless Elon Musk decides to go after him I hope to never hear about him ever again.

2020 is essentially McGregor vs McGregor. The guy can probably essentially beat anyone within the octagon eventually, but the showdown is essentially with himself, can he pull back from the trouble he's got himself in and put it all in the ocatagon or if not or is he going to continue slipping into horror.

I watched that fight, you can't learn anything from it in terms of his form in the octagon other than things went his way for the first ten seconds. McGregor vs Nate #2 is a ridiculously good performance though. Problematic ann post.

2020 is essentially McGregor vs McGregor. The guy can probably essentially beat anyone within the octagon eventually, but the showdown is essentially with himself, can he pull back from the trouble he's got himself in and put it all in the ocatagon or if not or is he going to continue slipping into horror.

I watched that fight, you can't learn anything from it in terms of his form in the octagon other than things went his way for the first ten seconds. McGregor vs Nate #2 is a ridiculously good performance though. Problematic ann post.
Ah now that Russian fella gave him a pretty sound beating.

Khabib would still fuckin batter him again, unless you can somehow stay on your feet against him, you're fucked, he's better than anybody on the ground and McGregor is shit on the ground.

Also I wonder which Irish sports star this was in the end? I'll completely coincidentally post it in this thread seeing as we're all talking about the sports right now.

Also I wonder which Irish sports star this was in the end? I'll completely coincidentally post it in this thread seeing as we're all talking about the sports right now.

Check the related topics in the side bar. ;)

Khabib would still fuckin batter him again, unless you can somehow stay on your feet against him, you're fucked, he's better than anybody on the ground and McGregor is shit on the ground.

From the highly reputable sources I've been reading (heresay) he had started using drugs at that point, I think like the nate fight he'll pretty much learn whatever he has to to win a fight, but the combination of having left the octagon, studying fists only to take on the best boxer in history and then fighting khabib after a year out of the octagon wasn't the wisest path when then only thing on earth khabib wanted to do was beat the fuck out of him. If I was going to bet I'd go mcgregor in the rematch, if mcgregor can win mcgregor vs mcgregor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back