Harbo "Niall" Harbison (1 Viewer)

Portobello has been left in a way worse state than usual over and over again this year. Seems Harbo has ushered in a new breed of privileged pricks who expect someone else to clean up after them.

Regards, a disgruntled resident...

Portobello has been left in a way worse state than usual over and over again this year. Seems Harbo has ushered in a new breed of privileged pricks who expect someone else to clean up after them.

Regards, a disgruntled resident...

It shouldn't be hard to clean up after, I mean people are bringing A BAG of cans with them

It shouldn't be hard to clean up after, I mean people are bringing A BAG of cans with them

If only that were the case. :D I guess these folk don't understand that bags can be used for tidying up after as well as transporting to their drinking spot.

male-drinkaware-ie_.jpeg

Niall Harbison sells out of Lovin Media in deal that values it at €3m

So I guess he's pocketed 1 million then?

Niall Harbison, the founder of digital publisher Lovin Media Group, has sold his remaining one-third stake in a deal that values the group at up to €3 million.

Mr Harbison has sold his last tranche of shares to businessman Emmett O’Neill, who was already Lovin’s largest investor with more than 50 per cent.

Mr O’Neill first invested in Lovin in 2014. Following the purchase of Mr Harbison’s stake, Mr O’Neill’s investment group, Kouchin Holdings, now controls about 85 per cent of the group, which is best known for its Lovin’ Dublin lifestyle and culture-focused news site.

The remainder of the group’s shares are held by former rugby star Jamie Heaslip, who owns about 9 per cent, according to the group’s returns, as well as a smattering of tiny stakes held by former group executives.

Greg Lynch, an associate of Mr O’Neill’s at Kouchin, last week joined the board of the Lovin group, on the same day Mr Harbison resigned.

Jamie Crawford, a former Spin 103 radio executive who was appointed as Lovin’s chief executive in March, says the group is now focused on expanding its footprint abroad, as well as potential acquisitions in the Irish digital media.

“Emmet is definitely there for the long term,” said Mr Crawford. “We’re looking at a number of different expansion opportunities abroad. Ireland is our biggest market, and we’re also interested in acquisitions here.”

Stable of sites

The group’s stable includes two Irish sites, lovin.ie and lovindublin.com, as well as sites for areas such as Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Berlin, Manchester, Malta and the Turks and Caicos islands. Its sites get 10 million page views per month.

In addition to its Dublin office, which employs about 20 staff, Lovin also has about six staff in Manchester and more than 15 in the Middle East.

Mr Crawford said the site was also planning the launch of two new podcasts for the Irish market in coming weeks – one focused on lifestyle issues and one around “the culture of sport”.

Despite Mr Harbison founding the group in 2011, Mr Crawford said he was less involved in its day-to-day running over the past year and was based instead in Manchester, overseeing the launch there.

Through Kouchin, Mr O’Neill owns a string of small-to-medium property, tourism and media businesses. He is best known in Irish business, however, as the former chief executive of Topaz fuel retailer, which was owned by his uncle Denis O’Brien until its sale more than two years ago.

In addition to his involvement in tourism resort developments with Mr O’Brien in Spain and Portugal, Mr O’Neill is also known for the successful rollout of the Smiles Dental chain, which he sold for €36 million in 2014.

What’s a ‘dark Facebook ad’? Some scammy way of doing FB ads for GROWTH HACKING?

I think they are basically saying it was a trump style campaign. theres a document a few posts down that i'll probaly never read. It just puts harbo and mr envelopes firmly in the same sheep pen to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back