Harbo "Niall" Harbison (1 Viewer)

Real time burgers! Revolutionary! New foodie concept!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sadly, this isn't parody.

2016 Was The Year Of Sweeping Americanisation Of Dublin - Lovin Dublin
Dublin is losing it's uniqueness as it gets washed over by a tsunami of American culture. Nobody here seems to mind though because we are such rampant consumers ourselves and buckets of coffee, huge burgers, donuts and binge shopping all seem like a great laugh.

Harbo has no concept of irony as these are the sorts of things peddled by LovinDublin in a hyperbolic fashion.

This is why boggers hate fucking jackeens..flutes like Harbo..and I don't blame them.

This reminds me of the lyrics to a Female Hercules song..Conzo was singing about this shit 20 years ago! The visionary that he is

But that was Eddie Rockets

2016 Was The Year Of Sweeping Americanisation Of Dublin - Lovin Dublin

Harbo has no concept of irony as these are the sorts of things peddled by LovinDublin in a hyperbolic fashion.
the alternative is a sweeping parochialism of Ireland, see for example Marys of Wicklow Street (GWAN YE GOOD THING, A PINT AND A CHEESE TOASTIE AFTER WORK IS YER ONLY MAN)

Anyway Harbo will not rest until the sweeping Berlinisation of Dublin is complete. Good luck to him says I.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where does one begin with his review of Hang Dai on Camden Street (which looks godawful btw).

As I sat at the bar and looked around, there wasn't a person under 40. The place was full of grey-haired couples and groups of businessmen in suits. Nothing wrong with that but many of these people looked clearly uncomfortable in their surroundings and clearly aren't the target market for somewhere like Hang Dai.

The edginess will come here when the older crowd have moved off to the next 'cool' place and the twenty somethings (I can't bring myself to use the M word) are drinking shots of gin on a rollover Sunday when the DJs are cranking the tunes on the decks.

Gonna get edgy guys!

The place has the energy of a Nirvana gig and an attitude that says "we are the best at what we do so if you don't like it, fuck off to a high-end French brasserie".

Kurt is probably rolling over in his grave.

Truly great restaurants are not made in the first three months. They take time. Long after the initial reviews and the curious customers driving in from the suburbs in their Volvos are gone, Hang Dai will shine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back