Happy St.Patty's Day (1 Viewer)

I was working today. Was listening to the radio driving home.. a documentary about London Irish trad music. I inexplicably welled up listening to some story or another. Days like today make me emotional especially when I'm on the motorway and its sunny and a bank holiday.

i planted the spuds yesterday. helped with some painting in a new gaff a friend has bought today, it's only the second house i've been in since christmas (not including my own)

Ate boxty for dinner, drank a Porterhouse Imperial stout (delivered by UPS this morning), watched the Mary Wallopers livestream and now watching the Dropkick Murphys (has any band become a bigger embarrassment after a 10/10 first album and 9/10 second?) stream. I'm definitely overcompensating for not living in Ireland.

Showed up for work. Someone said "Happy Patricks day" to me and my English boss
Boss said "What, you mean Happy terrorism day?"
I said "By that you mean the terrorism of Christianity?"
A short but pointed silence followed.

Maybe that should've gone in the Minor Pleasures thread.

now watching the Dropkick Murphys (has any band become a bigger embarrassment after a 10/10 first album and 9/10 second?) stream.

Spot on, first album is absolute straight-up street punk classic, second album is great with a bit more of a hardcore slant, after that they can literally just get to fuck haha. I'm lucky that first time I saw them live was basically all first and second album material and it was fuckin classsss

I was working today. Was listening to the radio driving home.. a documentary about London Irish trad music. I inexplicably welled up listening to some story or another. Days like today make me emotional especially when I'm on the motorway and its sunny and a bank holiday.
motorways have that affect on me too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back