• Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3

pad

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
where's a good gym. i work in sandymount and live near leonards corner. any good suggestions for a good gym somewhere along that line? it needs to have a swimming pool too.

YMCA Sandymount is seriously cheap but has no pool.
Sure just jog down and get in the sea and stop being a pansy.

From the website:
"Walking into the YMCA, to steal a phrase, is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get next!!! With competitions, celebrating holidays, dressing up + working out, and weekly master classes coming soon with a live D.J. "
YMCA-logo.jpg

I've heard good things about Sportsco;

http://www.sportsco.ie/location-of-sportsco.html

It's near enough to Sandymount and would be handy if you're a cyclist. Seems a bit pricey tho, compared to one of Ben Dunne's places.

Jaysus... Sportsco. That's still going.

That's where I used to do my training as a nipper.
The pool (used to be at least) Ozonated (sp?).
Meaning, no chlorine.
Like, they sterilize the water with O3, not bleach.... so not so hard on the bod / eyes.

Since that's the only place I swam, when I wasn't being carted around the country to race, I had a nasty habit of swimming with no goggles and my eyes open.
This didn't work out so well for me on the chlorinated pools. (Obviously I still won like, but, there were sore eyes after.)

The only thing I'd say to you if you're going there on a bike from Sandymount Strand direction is watch that humpback bridge.
Tight so it is. Make your presence felt. Dont let cars be overtaking you on your way over it.

Dunne axes hairdryers at men's gyms

GYM goers have been left steaming after Ben Dunne ordered the removal of hairdryers from his leisure clubs.But the drastic action was not prompted by a Ryanair-style cost-cutting drive.
Instead, Mr Dunne took the decision after witnessing male customers using the dryers "down around their private parts", he told the Herald.

heh heh, that's gas. I was just thinking about rejoining the gym myself. I've never witnessed this behaviour myself although i did hear my brother in law sniggering about it a few years ago. I think ben over reacted a bit here. If they were wedging the dryer into their groins then maybe but thats unlikely with a hair dryer and if its non contact then its no big deal. I have dryed my head under the hand dryer a few times - i wonder is that inappropriate.

Ben_Dunne_1040346t.jpg

Ben Dunne needs to capitalise on this. He could offer some male-only wax treatments, the back, sack & crack.

I agree, most gym goers i know (and they are friends of mine in case some people are offended) are vein as fuck and if they had a place that offered the above service they would definitely give it a go i reckon.

Fat people don't go to the gym. Do we pay thousands of dollars for membership? Yes, on top of all the other stuff you're supposed to be buying as a certified fat person (diet books, Weight Watchers memberships, and every single thing they advertise on The Biggest Loser no matter how fucking stupid it is). Do we go to the gym? Nope. Because the only thing worse than being fat in our culture is being visible and exercising while being fat (well that's not true, eating lunch while being fat is probably the worst possible thing you could do). So the gym may be awesome for you, but don't act like it's a "solution" to the "obesity problem," because for that to be true, fat people would have to stop being shamed out of public places - and the gym is the lion's den of body-shaming.

From Andrew Sullivan this morning
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/04/gyms-are-bad-for-you-ctd.html

More:
This jock had me do jumping-jacks out on the circuit training floor. I objected on account of my 38DDD boobs (another thing that tends to shame me out of exercising in front of people), and he told me I was being lazy. Because here's the thing - gyms don't actually care whether you feel comfortable or welcome. That's why they have the 12 month contract and 19 year old "trainers" who have no idea what health and wellness are. They care about your money, and that's it.

Hard to disagree with that.

If there are women only gyms to make them feel more comfortable whay aren't there gyms to make the more comfortable among us feel comfortable.

If Ben Dunne wants my advice he should look into that.

lots of big fat puddners in the jacuzzi all the time too

I've worked in quite a few gyms/pools, never put your face or dip your head under the water of a jacuzzi. The are a massive breeding ground for bacteria and the staff hate cleaning and looking after the chemical levels so they arent the cleanest place in the world

The repetition and the terrible music; "girl singing a dance version of a classic rock tune" will eventually drive you away

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back