Guns don't kill people, Americans do (1 Viewer)

Casual militarization is a huge part IMHO. As a border kid I found it completely normal that soldiers were standing about with huge guns in tiny towns. It took me about 2 years after the disarming of the northern borders to realize this was insanity. Like they'd point them things into cars full of kids (us) and it was what I thought to be normal. My mate said it could be a kinda smoking ban type thing too - like we all used to chain smoke in creches all day and now people who smoke often don't even smoke inside their own house.

conversely i've a few gun toting mates in the states who think i'm just attacking their birthrights to say carry around devices engineered for killing is stupid.

Wonder how long before anon lands on this thread with the murica.

saw some genius comment that without guns what's to stop the government using police and the army against civilians

hmm

ferguson-military-police.jpg

it is so weird to love guns like that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Casual militarization is a huge part IMHO. As a border kid I found it completely normal that soldiers were standing about with huge guns in tiny towns. It took me about 2 years after the disarming of the northern borders to realize this was insanity. Like they'd point them things into cars full of kids (us) and it was what I thought to be normal. My mate said it could be a kinda smoking ban type thing too - like we all used to chain smoke in creches all day and now people who smoke often don't even smoke inside their own house.

conversely i've a few gun toting mates in the states who think i'm just attacking their birthrights to say carry around devices engineered for killing is stupid.

Wonder how long before anon lands on this thread with the murica.

So much this. (as they on fb these days)

Well it took not much time but my murican gun loving friends are applauding some country and western guy who loaned a gun to a cop to apprehend the guy who killed himself anyways. Way to turn it into gun patriotism*

*just made that up but I like it

"Theres just nothing we can do" said the Governor of the state where you can buy automatic weapons over the counter with no checks.

You get what you vote for.

I saw one genius saying that because guns will never be taken away, everyone should have mandatory training in how to use them.

The amount of conflicting statements on what guns are legal is blowing my mind. I know various states have different laws and all but it's ridiculous.

The amount of conflicting statements on what guns are legal is blowing my mind. I know various states have different laws and all but it's ridiculous.

In a massive fight on facebook with someone I shouldn't have probably been even interacting with, I found out that guns are bought in the relaxed policy states and sold on in the stricter states. Sorta like south dakota essentially suppling LA with crime guns.

In a massive fight on facebook with someone I shouldn't have probably been even interacting with, I found out that guns are bought in the relaxed policy states and sold on in the stricter states. Sorta like south dakota essentially suppling LA with crime guns.

Yeah I get that much it's the people on one hand claiming all assault rifles have been illegal across the country since 89 then other people saying some states are legal to buy semi automatic rifles etc. I know a bunch of people with AR15s so they're obviously legal so why are people claiming otherwise.

Yeah I get that much it's the people on one hand claiming all assault rifles have been illegal across the country since 89 then other people saying some states are legal to buy semi automatic rifles etc. I know a bunch of people with AR15s so they're obviously legal so why are people claiming otherwise.

The gun people would say that an AR-15 just looks like a machine gun but it's sort of like a ferrari kit that you'd stick on top of any auld chasssis that fit and therefore "not that dangerous" or whatever it is is their threshold for a gun being too dangerous is.

The weirdest take I've seen so far is from someone saying "the semi-automatic guns themselves are fine but it looks like he bought a sort of hand crank device which will fire the trigger each time you twist it, and that's the problem device in this scenario" which I just can't get my head around. If that tool, which sound amazingly simple to make and probably is easy to get online, was what was used it'll be a case of him not doing a mod to the gun to make it fully automatic, which even in the states is illegal as fuck, but instead made it into a pseudo-automatic device, so that's grand.

This is the yoke it's been suggested he may have used
GatCrank-AR15-Trigger-Crank.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back