Guitarists talking about their gear (1 Viewer)

Dunno about the beard dye, but have always loved his lead playing. Feels like he has complete control of your minor pentatonic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Des O'Connor on how he came to own Buddy Holly's guitar. They could have tuned it up, plugged it in and allowed Hank to play it, but no.

Check this out

Not watched it yet,so he may not talk about his gear as such,but I'm sure there will be plenty of guitar talk

This dude plays Squiers

Nothing wrong with most squires I’ve encountered… ‘the tone is in the fingers’
Yeah,I reckon nearly any auld yoke can be made giggable if you have the skillz

I refretted a sparkly purple Squier Standard that absolutely kicked arse.. put alnico pickups and a GFS trem in it.. I should never have sold it. But I wanted a Fender and wasnt working at the time.

Now I am working, I've 10 guitars . And I intend to get more

Yeah,I reckon nearly any auld yoke can be made giggable if you have the skillz

I refretted a sparkly purple Squier Standard that absolutely kicked arse.. put alnico pickups and a GFS trem in it.. I should never have sold it. But I wanted a Fender and wasnt working at the time.

Now I am working, I've 10 guitars . And I intend to get more
Fretwork is something I’ve yet to touch - although my old reliable (ie the one guitar I’ve consistently used and held onto for about 14 years) could probably do with a dart soon enough.

I might pick up a crock of a yoke to mess about with at some stage

Fretwork is something I’ve yet to touch - although my old reliable (ie the one guitar I’ve consistently used and held onto for about 14 years) could probably do with a dart soon enough.

I might pick up a crock of a yoke to mess about with at some stage
Its a piece of piss. Especially on rosewood.

I got someone else to refret my old Deluxe Fender cos I was scared with it being an expensive instrument,and I could have done a better job of myself. Fucking expensive lesson to learn. My old squier had a maple fretboard and that made it harder cos of the finish on it but it turned out perfect

Its a piece of piss. Especially on rosewood.

I got someone else to refret my old Deluxe Fender cos I was scared with it being an expensive instrument,and I could have done a better job of myself. Fucking expensive lesson to learn. My old squier had a maple fretboard and that made it harder cos of the finish on it but it turned out perfect
Did you do all the fret levelling etc as well

Did you do all the fret levelling etc as well
Yeah. That was actually pretty easy because most of the levelling could be done by just making sure the frets were properly seated. Only two or three needed actual filing down and only a tiny bit.
Which I did by eye with sandpaper.

I'm planning on buying a fret crowning file shortly ,in time for the kit build anyway. I have the nut files already and a small spirit level that will do for a leveling beam

Yeah. That was actually pretty easy because most of the levelling could be done by just making sure the frets were properly seated. Only two or three needed actual filing down and only a tiny bit.
Which I did by eye with sandpaper.

I'm planning on buying a fret crowning file shortly ,in time for the kit build anyway. I have the nut files already and a small spirit level that will do for a leveling beam
Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back