guitar intonation in dublin... (1 Viewer)

hey K would you not give it to eugene?
oh theres a dude out near malahide who does it too in his house.
ill get his numero off eoinbox.
is it the tele you got? ive done a strat and a tele before and they turned out alright. but i guess you'd prefer to give it to a professional!
ggggggggg

Did a bass and a strat there at the weekend myself for the first time, thought id make a pigs eye of it but it turned out great! I was recomended to use an analogue tuner but i ended up using one of those digital ones that simulates the analogue ones, worked fine.

If anyone has any ideas how to do a les paul juniorlet us know.
LPJrTVBody.jpg

Did a bass and a strat there at the weekend myself for the first time, thought id make a pigs eye of it but it turned out great! I was recomended to use an analogue tuner but i ended up using one of those digital ones that simulates the analogue ones, worked fine.

If anyone has any ideas how to do a les paul juniorlet us know.
LPJrTVBody.jpg
Wraparound bridge won't be as accurate. It's to do with the two screws that go into the guitar body(height of bridge) and the two at 9 o'clock to them(if that makes sense). Usually,the bridge goes ever so slightly diagonally top left down to bottom right. If that makes sense?

i can do a reasonable set up on a fender, but i've trouble with gibsons. there are tuitorials on the web.

Wraparound bridge won't be as accurate. It's to do with the two screws that go into the guitar body(height of bridge) and the two at 9 o'clock to them(if that makes sense). Usually,the bridge goes ever so slightly diagonally top left down to bottom right. If that makes sense?

Thanks, but its two individual strings that are giving me trouble. They're not too bad so i think ill just leave it

Like I said they are not as accurate. There are bridges that are more "staggered" than a smooth wraparound,. That may help. Can't imagine you'd get one in a shop in dublin though.

Like I said they are not as accurate. There are bridges that are more "staggered" than a smooth wraparound,. That may help. Can't imagine you'd get one in a shop in dublin though.

You would get one direct from Gibson though.
Be prepared to regularly break strings due to the sharpness.
On the plus side your intonation will be perfect.

Im breaking strings at the bridge anyway so i may look into a new one, a friends going to the states soon, get him to pick one up

I always without fail snab A,E and D in that order at the bridge about every two to three weeks but I play a fair bit so its to be expected I guess.

Trick Sloaner taught me.

On the groove in your bridge go over the groove heavily in lead pencil next time you are changing a string.This should theoretically reduce friction and also soften up the contact point between the bridge and the string.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back