Guitar Head (1 Viewer)

sugar_referee

Sick of lugging combos around, I have a big filthy Vox 80's 2X12 and will be getting a 1X12 or 2X10 somewhere down the line. I want to get a good head so for smaller gigs can get by with a 1X12 and use the 2X12 for beef when need for bigger, sexier affairs.

What types of heads do ye use? Want good thick cleans and only a small bit of dirt. THe dream would be

15-30watts
2 channels
Bit of Verb, why now. Verb and Channels footswitchable.
Decent amount of headroom, not clean all the way, Voxy kind of breakup
light enough that a fella who doesn't drive won't perish from lugging it half a mile down the road.
600 squidaroos

So far I'm thinking the Laney L20h
image.php

Got no clue about lesser known brands, which is where I'd like a bit of advice. Not adverse to ordering something I havent played before.

Hm.
I dunno - how much is a second hand AC30 head?
That'd be sweet.
I'll probably pick one up as a fire vs. ice with my gnarly, dirty Sovtek Mig 60.
That was 400 quid in the buy&sell, so there's bargains to be 'head' for sure.

sounds like you're wanting something like an orange dual terror head or the blackstar ht studio 20 head. neither have reverb but that can be fixed with a pedal. i have the ht 5 combo and its a fantastic sounding wee amp. both are under 500 so the leftover cash can buy your reverb pedal.

I was mighty impressed with the groom AC15's at the weekend although I'd rather a 30 watt head.

Can't go wrong with a Laney Tube amp either imo, I have the old LC30II combo myself which will become a head when I get around to it.

Thanks dudes. Tried the Dual Terror and HT-20 both, the gainy side of things didn't really suit me, wasn't mad on the clean either. Thought about both of them very fiercely before I tried them, then I wasn't so happy. I did like the HT-5 for a little bit, though.

At the moment it's either the Laney L20 head, which are supposed to be hidden gems, or the Ampeg V2 that's in Jimis Music Store, bit out of my price range that one but they're well cheap online so he might be willing to come down a biteen. I've ever played either but the Ampeg sounds dreammmmmyyyy from web accounts.

I have to use whatever I get for a few different types of stuff so the Orange and Blackstar are maybe a bit one-note for me. Couldn't get a huge amount of variation out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back