Guilty Pleasures - brown paper bag of pukey tunes that you love. (1 Viewer)

Ugh. I hate to admit it but I like that 30 second bit of the new Lady Ga Ga song. The part where she is just saying "oooh la la ga ga rama rama...." whatever. It actually pains me that I enjoy it but the rest of the song is shit and the video is super scary.

holy shit the video is mental!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm semi-wondering if this is a slight insult but it's a resounding NO on that song.

Hahaha, no not at all. imho if you got Spencer to sing and produce it you'd have that Tim Cohen song

excellent youtube comment-If Scatman was alive through 2000's, 9/11 would never have happened

youtube 'Song of Scatland' for proof of this

song of scatland said:
The society of Scatland is composed of
Very loving caring people who have
Never even heard of political corruption
Class distinction, war and all the
Other stuff that goes on in the world of earth people.
Everyone is equal in Scatland.
Everyone is equal. Everyone is equal.

i love scatman john

excellent youtube comment-If Scatman was alive through 2000's, 9/11 would never have happened

Anyone who doesn't think this is fucking amazing should stop listening to music

thats awfully harsh,its three minutes of pop perfection.

im sticking to my guns on this one.

heres three minutes of pop perfection that i have taken a slagging for

Seriously most of these songs are fucking amazing. If I could go to a disco and hear them all it would make my night. Love and Pride is just amazing, but so's Scatman's World.

The truth

What We Know
Terrible popstars can make brilliant pop songs.

Brilliant popstars can make terrible pop songs.

A pop song doesn't have to sell to be brilliant.

A pop song doesn't have to flop to be awful.

You shouldn't grow out of pop music the moment you hit puberty.

You shouldn't grow into pop music the moment you discover irony.

Popstars who say "pop just means popular" don't really get it.

Pop music is not dead, it's just not the same as it was five years ago, or ten years ago, or twenty years ago.

A genre's popularity at one point in history does not automatically mean that a genre or way of presenting pop music is by rights relevant in every other era of pop. We are thinking of boybands here.

The worst pop music is made specifically for children, for gays, for housewives, for students; for any demographic patronisingly targeted by songwriters, producers and major label marketing departments.

There is a lot to be said for an underground approach to mainstream music.

There is a lot to be said for a mainstream approach to underground music.

Nobody should ever be guilty of pop pleasure.

Smash Hits was beyond saving as a magazine but Top Of The Pops was not beyond saving as a TV programme.

If you don't have the Pet Shop Boys somewhere in your Top 10 Pop Acts Of All Time In The Known Universe you need to be asking yourself some serious questions.

Pop music only 'goes in cycles' if you're an artist desperate to reinvigorate a dead musical scene to fit in with your own dated concept of popular music.

Mindlessly aggressive marketing and street-teaming has taught a generation of music fans to be suspicious of the pop industry.

Pop music is never good simply because it is pop music.

Indie music is frequently bad simply because it is indie music.

The death of the pop single as a format is inevitable but that does not mean we should not mourn its slow and painful demise.

If all pop songs were the length of ringtones the world would be a far better place.

Radio programmes and TV scheduling bigwigs are embarrassed to like pop music.

In limiting the formats singles can be released on, the Official Charts Company have killed the single through a series of regulations aimed solely at preventing the pop consumer from getting value for money.

£10 is a fair price for an album. More is unfair to the pop fan and less is unfair to the people who made the CD in the first place.

Shoddy media training has completely sucked the spunk out of the modern pop landscape and not in the good way.

You can have a million MySpace friends and still not count on any of them to buy your records.

Reality TV is saving nobody's music career.

We know more about pop music than this and we will update this page when things occur to us. ("Big wow" - The World.)

except that bit about ringtones
also I don't care that much about Pet Shop Boys so I fail

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=763&Itemid=252

Lots of valid points there

rendering this thread redundant

way to spoil our fun john

don't worry, there's at least 7 more "guilty pleasures" threads. Maybe I should copy and paste it in all of them?

Great Chorus. I really like the little keyboard melody behind the "gonna get to you girl" part. The step 1 part is brutal though.

Also

This is absolute gak, but I really like the vocal melodies and how all the parts flow together. Really good melodic song writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back