Gross Food (1 Viewer)

Coleslaw (AKA vomit)

Popeyes_coleslaw.JPG

I've had Kopi Luwak. I can honestly say it was the nicest coffee I've ever tasted. However it wasn't the nicest by that much and also since i've found out about the monstrous way it's factory farmed these days I won't be having it again.

Last edited:
Haggis is fucking GORGEOUS.

Deep fry that shizzle

mushrooms.
surely liking mushrooms counts as a bizarre fetish?
and i'm not talking about the sort of mushrooms which make you see strange things.

All meat is cruel. You just have to not think about it.
Here's why meat is no longer cruel.

After generation after generation of breeding animals for deliciousness instead of allowing Darwinsim take it's course and allow the animals to evolve based on natural selection. We now have Cows and Sheep and to a lesser extent pigs which are productive in terms of our needs but absolutely useless at surviving without us. In short there are no real sheep or cows. They aren't the animals they were intended to be. They're fatter, more sedate, weaker and stupider. Therefore the animal you are eating is not what nature intended. Left to their own devices most of them would end up freezing to death come winter. So don't worry it's grand it's a symbiotic relationship. The livestock you see in a field only exist because we keep breeding them and they feed us. It's fine.

As for the cruelty aspect, I don't feel anything about it. There's about 1.5 billion living cows and only 600 Sumatrain Tigers. You can't eat a Tiger but it can eat you so we killed most of them - That's cruel. A declawed bear being battered to death for entertainment - that's cruel. An animal that shouldn't really exist that get's humanely euthaised for food ? Meh.

But okay if you eat a genuinely wild cow sheep or pig you should feel like an absolute prick about it.

Snails are all right - nothing special - they are usually so drowned in butter and garlic that you can't taste anything anyway.
I collected a load of snail from the garden once - I put them in a plastic container with a few lettuce leaves to purge and then forgot about the bucket for weeks - the smell was fucking apocalyptic.

The place I used to have lunch every Friday in Mexico did a plate of mixed seafood - that had a couple of talipia fillets, prawns and always some frogs legs - which are loooovely.

People on my case about eating foie gras and veal, when they themselves eat chicken.
Like chickens are raised on some wide open farm where everyone sings all day.
All meat is cruel. You just have to not think about it.

I've no problem with Rose Veal (calves that are put out on grass once they've weaned) the other stuff is mank - it has no flavour and the calves were cruelly kept in little pens for their short lives, Foie Gras I do have issues with, because force feeding is something I think is very cruel. Free range (organic or otherwise) chicken is also cruelty free and produces better tasting chicken - and the name means what is says, they are out in a field.

I grew up on a farm. We kept chickens and cattle, we caught fish and shot pigeons from a young age. I think I was about 4 the first time I ate something I'd killed myself (pigeon stew), and younger than that when I ate meat from an animal I "knew".

I disagree that you have to not think about it, that's what's wrong and why so much animal cruelty can take place. You should think about it. I love meat, but I want to know that the animal had a good life and a quick death.

Most people are too distanced from the source of their food. When you know how much goes into growing a carrot you're less likely to let them go to stringy mush in the bottom of the fridge instead of using them.

The market is consumer driven, buy cheap, poor-quality meat and veg and that's what will be produced. With more people thinking about what they eat, how it was raised/grown and where it has come from things are better than they were a few decades ago - with more choice and much better produce available.

I have eaten snail and foie gras snail is like a rubber snot. I would not eat foie gras again. Most meat is all gross i think prawns are really gross because they are not fish but more like some sort of bug or insect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back