GROOM // MARRIAGE ALBUM LAUNCH - AUG 21ST (1 Viewer)

Missed the launch cause I was at at a more traditional wedding - young kids and oldies dancing to awful music.

Paul McCloone (Today FM) played Mysteries of Life last night and was raving about it and its lyrics (Slowdive, Sundays, Napalm Death references). My favourite song of the year I think.

noisy fuckers, drummers :)

The drums were great! But as always in a small venue with a small PA you do have problems with cymbals in particular drowning stuff out. I was near the stage so maybe from that vantage point the issue was more pronounced.

Anyway, my point was that it was a great gig, and I would like to hear those tunes through a bigger system that would do them more justice....is all.

Bit late now but Groom were aces. Best I've seen them - playing the first few tunes straight through was really something, they were all banjaxed.

First time seeing Land Lovers - great stuff, savage bassist. Got a bit of a Liverpool sound going on - Beatles, La's.

I bought this yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. I need a few more listens before i can face Snakey with a full worked-out opinion though.

First impression is: singing, lyrics and horns all great - whole album pacier than i had expected.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just had my first full listen to this..First impressions....I NEED TO START PRACTICING MORE....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back