Grinderman 2 (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
following on from the much loved/hated musical prick that is Frank Zappa, I present to you the second output from the ever adored/reviled Nick Cave and Warren Ellis side project grinderman (I know there were others involved, but lets face it, this is the two lads).
Personally - while I would not like to go for a pint with Nick Cave, find some of his past output and statements troubling, the man can write a good tune, and is one of the best performers I've seen. There's some great stuff on this album, which is almost the 'lonesome death of bunny monroe' in musical form.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Upvote 0
Kelly Clarkson Raise Hand GIF

I don't know who Micheal Knight is

Unless he's driving a black Trans Am

Why don't I remember either of those gigs?
It was on the Dig Lazarus Dig tour. Haven’t a breeze who the other dude is. It was ok, Shane came out and sang with him and Cave had to gently shoo him off the stage.

Nick Cave is great but can really understand loving the The Birthday Party (a band with Cave in it) and not being into the Bad Seeds (Nick Cave’s band). Grinderman were fun but a bit of a novelty - still Cave’s band but with a sheen of a bunch of mates rocking out together.

Dirty Three are amazing and if you don’t love Ocean Songs then you’re a sap.

It was on the Dig Lazarus Dig tour. Haven’t a breeze who the other dude is. It was ok, Shane came out and sang with him and Cave had to gently shoo him off the stage.

Nick Cave is great but can really understand loving the The Birthday Party (a band with Cave in it) and not being into the Bad Seeds (Nick Cave’s band). Grinderman were fun but a bit of a novelty - still Cave’s band but with a sheen of a bunch of mates rocking out together.

Dirty Three are amazing and if you don’t love Ocean Songs then you’re a sap.

I had forgotten about Shane’s appearance! 2008?

That feels right.

think that must have been one of the last dublin castle gigs.

actually getting back onto the topic of hating/loving warren ellis - I remember spotting an acquaintance at the gig (grew up in new york) - and bumping into him a few weeks later. Asking him what he thought about the gig led to a good 10 min very new yorker rant about how ellis was an asshole.

It was a good spot for those kind of gigs, I went to a few there and they were all good (apart from Muse who had loads of technical problems).

I thought I had posted it but I obviously never finished it but I had started a fairly comprehensive “Rate All of Their Albums” for Cave. Must go through the remaining albums (if I can find the file).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back