Gretsch Drums (1 Viewer)

rothko

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey,
Does anyone know any dealers/shops in Ireland that stock or will order a Gretsch kit?

Failing that anyone know any UK dealers that would ship to Dublin?

Thanks!

holy shit. they have amazing prices! fuck! look at the special offers!
Where are the prices? Anyone know anyone that has one of their kits?

Anyone can assemble a kit I think, but there's a lot more that goes into it than that. When you order Keller shells or RCI acrylics, I assume theres no bearing edge, or snare bed or whatever. Lots of precise drilling. thats the artistry in custom drums, no?

Be interested in buying of building an acrylic bodhran or acrylic tabla. Have access to moulds for fiberglass tabla and ewe drums, but I'm sure acrylic doesn't work like that.

Anyone can assemble a kit I think, but there's a lot more that goes into it than that. When you order Keller shells or RCI acrylics, I assume theres no bearing edge, or snare bed or whatever. Lots of precise drilling. thats the artistry in custom drums, no?

I think the prices were on the dotcom site. www.customirishdrums.com

gretschredstripe3.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gretsch Catalina Club Mod Black Widow Kit
Stunning new Gretsch Catalina Club Mod!!

Flat Black with Flat Red Stripe
20x20, 10x8, 14x12 floor tom with a 13x6 snare.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Special Price:[/FONT] €850[/FONT]

re: Ordering shells:

drummaker.com have shells with bearing edges pre-cut. Costs extra obviously. www.drummaker.com Its very very simple to put your own kit together but costs heaps as shipping is $$$$!

Re-wrapping: Its just comes in sheets. Glued on to the shell. Id leave it to the pros though as i think its a "one shot" kinda job coz of the contact adhesive thats needed. I priced the wrap of drummaker.com to do my kit and it came to $500 as you have to buy full sheets. No half sheets. Probobly be cheaper of this crowd id say as they'd have it in stock. Im going for emerald green glass glitter.

Re-wrapping: Its just comes in sheets. Glued on to the shell. Id leave it to the pros though as i think its a "one shot" kinda job coz of the contact adhesive thats needed. I priced the wrap of drummaker.com to do my kit and it came to $500 as you have to buy full sheets. No half sheets. Probobly be cheaper of this crowd id say as they'd have it in stock. Im going for emerald green glass glitter.

Christ $500?! youd practically get a new kit for that! was a bit bored of my current kit colour but for that kinda money think i'll live with it a while longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back