Green Lung - Woodland Rites (2 Viewers)

On this, my much younger friend pointed out that's also a 90s Alice in Chains or Kyuss vibe off some of this. I ignored those bands at the time, but I hear what's she's saying.
actually some of the vocals on the new one kind of remind me of Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Indeed. It's like people here have not heard any modern metal of the doom variety. It's doom metal with hooks so it sounds exactly like Ghost.

Yes thats exactly my point :) - I'm really not into forensic divisions of music into micro genre.
I hear people with guitars with drugs. I hear a lifestyle and aesthetic that fits into one big container. These things are always sabbath +1 idea.

Green lung is sabbath + super strat solos.
Goat is sabbath + 70s rock.
Ghost is sabbath +civil servants.

There's no adventure in listening to these micro-evolutions to me - Not that I think that there can't be great music or great albums within this mindframe, but In terms of album club stuff I'm more interested in going into stuff that is off my radar a bit - stuff where the timbre on its own might be a challenge or stuff I'd have avoided twenty years ago because my sister liked it.

I still have not listened and I will not listen unless it's chosen but considering the amount of discussion already lets consider this chosen. I don't want to have the whole "entire conversations nixed" problem we had with the Suede album.

Yes thats exactly my point :) - I'm really not into forensic divisions of music into micro genre.
I hear people with guitars with drugs. I hear a lifestyle and aesthetic that fits into one big container. These things are always sabbath +1 idea.

Green lung is sabbath + super strat solos.
Goat is sabbath + 70s rock.
Ghost is sabbath +civil servants.

There's no adventure in listening to these micro-evolutions to me - Not that I think that there can't be great music or great albums within this mindframe, but In terms of album club stuff I'm more interested in going into stuff that is off my radar a bit - stuff where the timbre on its own might be a challenge or stuff I'd have avoided twenty years ago because my sister liked it.

I don't even like any of those three bands. I did enjoy Goat for an album I'll admit but that's about it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’d say it’s more “this booking agency’s graphic designer” rather than “this band”, but yikes

Or not

273386031_3063106894017774_7024148050448625862_n.jpg

Yikes. They don't seem to be selling anything with the design. Bands rob artwork for posters all the time, and maybe the jacket is a one-off personal thing..?

but...yikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back