green gym (1 Viewer)

broken arm

someone should set this up in ireland.

The BTCV Green Gym ® is a scheme that inspires you to improve your health and the environment at the same time. It offers you the opportunity to 'work out' in the open air through local, practical environmental or gardening work.......

BTCV Green Gym groups meet in their local area at least once a week. A Green Gym session lasts for up to three hours.
During this time you will be doing environmental conservation or gardening activities with a trained leader. You could plant a new hedge, cut back an overgrown path, or help build a community garden.
These activities are taken at your own pace, but there is always something to get your heart and muscles working.

http://www2.btcv.org.uk/display/greengym_how

I'm gonna start one of these up so I can get a bunch of tubby hippies to do my gardening for free.

I want to make a joke about overgrown weeds at this juncture but I can't.
(My garden *is* over grown with weeds).

Seriously though, what a deadly idea.

is this not community service?

pretty much. it's really an excuse for people who wouldn't or couldn't afford to go to a gym to get some exercise. I think it is based around existing volunteering networks.

are there any such organisations in ireland? i know of the CVI, but they seem terribly earnest. my hair is to short to turn into dreadlocks before i can join them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back