Green Card Lottery (1 Viewer)

Dromed

Website
Visit site
Hey kids,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere...
...have any of yous ever entered the lottery for the US green card? If so, did you hear anything positive back - or know anyone who got in that way?

Is it all a big spoof?

Cheerso!!

Hey kids,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere...
...have any of yous ever entered the lottery for the US green card? If so, did you hear anything positive back - or know anyone who got in that way?

Is it all a big spoof?

Cheerso!!

paddy's get fuck all places on it these days. Was somewhere between 3-500 when I tried it around 2000 and 2001 and I'd be sure there's less now. Don't use those interweb scams to enter it. It's easier to DIY. Sure give it a shot-have never met or heard of anyone who ever won it though, think the vast majority of places go to India and the far east nowadays

fuck sake, shure didn't we build the fucking place.

dingleman.gif

Have been entering it every year for the past 6 or 7 years. No joy so far. You won't be told if you don't get it. I would assume that all successful applicants have been notified now (although on the website it says all have been notified between May and July, so I'm still holding onto some hope). 50,000 given out per year (actually 90,000+ people notified as I guess there's a low take-up). 9 million+ applicants, so I guess there's a 1% chance.

Actually - here's the results this year: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_4317.html

132 successful irish applicants. Woo hoo!

It's for recent graduates/school leavers. It's an extended J-1. They're releasing concrete details soon but there will be 10,000 or more issued a year.

isn tit a terrible time finanacially to move to the states?? unless you ahd the price of a house. the doller crasheth. it'd be hard to get home for christmas and stuff.

just on the off chance like? is that how a lot of people do it? the whole thing is pretty mad

Yes - I started applying because my boyfriend is American (living in Ireland at the time) and we wanted to have our options open if we decided to move in the future. He had to move back over a year ago due in part to Irish visa issues he was having. Thankfully I have an understanding boss who allows me work 'from home' from the US every second month (on a holiday visa), but it would be handy to have the green card.

Theodore Kaczynski said:
did you win?

No. Oh well, there's always next year.

the whole travel forum is blue! and the font! sweet verdana! hasn't been done cos no-one posts here much i guess. let's all hang out in here!
although i've kinda got used to the new one now

edit: drums forum is blue too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back