Great words that aren't used often enough. (1 Viewer)

wageslave

Mangalise:

to break up, to make shit of

i.e. 'I drank way too much tried cycling, fell off and was mangalised' or 'c'mere and I'll mangalise ya!'

Origin: unknown to me anyway, I thought a Mangal might be a medieval catapult but I was wrong.

ossafied (sic?)

Use this one if you want to sound like the ultimate culchie.

"t'I was ossified t'other t'night after th'nightclub, in supermaaaaacs HYUPS!"

belming

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Belming consists of inserting the tongue between the lower lip and the teeth, producing a comedic swelling of the lower jaw area. It is usually used to indicate that the person you're speaking to has just said something really, really stupid. For instance, your friend may note that the physics teacher and the physical education teacher have the same surname. He may then say 'Is Mr Brown married to Mrs Brown?'. You, of course, have information he does not, allowing you to ridicule him thus: 'No, because Mrs Brown's a lesbian, innit? (Belm)' or similar, where 'Belm' indicates that you have just performed the tongue-behind-lip movement[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1[/FONT].
In extreme cases the belmer may actually say 'Belm' as they do it, producing a very specific kind of sound. This is usually used for examples of particularly spectacular ignorance or stupidity. For example, your hypothetical mate mentioned above may come back with 'Is she? Which part of Lesby does she come from?' In response to something like that, you may struggle to get enough of your tongue into the gap between your teeth and lips.
[/FONT]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A19367814

i use a variety of words instead of "lots":

raft
buttload
hoorload
warload
warchest

usually referring to booze or new tunes.

"just got a hoorload of new balls-hard techno, must get a raft of cans and dive in"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back