GPRS on mobile phones while roaming (1 Viewer)

It Will Never Last

Careful now!

o2 are trying to charge me just under €60 for 1.35MB of data I accessed while roaming in that London on Wednesday.

They can charge my swiss...:mad:

Actually, they're investigating and are due to get back to me.

that's probably about right. did you make sure you were on O2 while you were over there?

I read a story about a guy who was using the GPS on his phone while driving from london to edinburgh not realisising the GPS software was downloading mpas via GPRS as he drove.
300 GBP bill later.

GPRS is the spawn of the devil.

I was using a syncML client on my phone the whole time when I was in the US. $1400 bill later I decided it was a bad idea.

GPRS is shit.

that's probably about right. did you make sure you were on O2 while you were over there?

Pete, the most expensive "other" operator to access the web from in UK is only €13something a MB, I'm fairly certain it was o2 I was on.

Other than me connecting to an Azerbaijani network from the comfort of Hamilton Hall boozer in LIverpool Street then they got this one wrong.

Had another route around their website, think I've found the answer.

The roaming section says GPRS and 3G charges are €8.30 per MB but that WAP charges are 5c per KB (which works out at €50 per MB :eek:)

I connected using the o2 Active Postpay settings, think they might be connecting to the wap server.

I'll wait for an update.

Here Pete, you post from your phone all the time, what's the best option for mobile browsing?

well i was thinking that either you might have been getting stung for expensive other network rates per mb "or part thereof" type charges, so like if you only used 100k per gprs session you were still getting hit for the minimum chargeable amount plus any applicable interconnect fees each time. but who knows.

Have any of you gone a-roaming to the UK on the Three all you can eat data package for €20 a month? My three account balance page says that I have 5,120 remaining credit for Internet in Republic of Ireland & EU. It doesn't say what exactly I have 5120 of but I think it means i have about 5 gigs.

Over on the Roaming with Three page I filled in my details (pre-pay, phone number, travelling to UK) and it says I will be charged €1.01/mb for data in the uk.

Do I get 5gb of free data or data at €1.01/mb?

you should get a certain proportion of your "unlimited" data allowance while roaming in the EU. i don't think being prepay vs bill pay matters, but could be wrong. my advice would be to ring them and ask them since they'll utterly fuck you over with zero compassion if you get it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back