Google Photos (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Is anyone using this? I saw a "flickr is dead" headline somewhere during the week and started uploading to google. It is turning my still photos into "Stories" and "Movies" with inappropriate twangy guitar soundtracks.

Yeah it's pretty great. I've uploaded everything and the phone & desktop apps automatically keep everything up to date. The rediscover stuff is deadly too.

Big fan of this app. I have it set to upload only when I'm connected to WiFi and plugged in. I still back up my photos periodically to s hard drive in full resolution, but this serves as a convenient stopgap. I'm in the process of tracking down all my digital photos to about 8 years back to get them up there.

If you upload a rake of photos taken on all sorts of random dates then its a nightmare to try and sort them in any kind of sensible way, they just appear ordered by date taken and are not a bit easy to put into albums. Am I right or am I doing it wrong? Seems like a right pain in the hole, this yoke.

If you upload a rake of photos taken on all sorts of random dates then its a nightmare to try and sort them in any kind of sensible way, they just appear ordered by date taken and are not a bit easy to put into albums. Am I right or am I doing it wrong? Seems like a right pain in the hole, this yoke.

i think most people would want their photos organised by date taken?

anyway it's clever enough to let you search by location, or subject, and if you put your portable telephony device or computer through a VPN so it thinks you're in America, it will let you turn on facial recognition and then it REALLY gets good.

I've had a Flickr pro account on auto renew for a few years even though I barely use it. So I've cancelled and am in the process of uploading everything to this yoke. Plus backups to Dropbox and Drive of course just in case.

It's great for what it is. All your photos ever in decent resolution always available online. Searchable by "cat" "beach" "holiday" "concert" etc etc Ive got local backups on hard drives that I'd folderise if I was arsed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back