• Replies 37
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Is class!

Ok,its missing a few bits and bobs here and there,but it has a few other different bits n bobs elsewhere,so its six of one and halfway up the charts with a bullet.

I like the way its music

I have the free account, I don't like its upload system because it matches stuff that shouldn't be matched and also it doesn't link to last.fm (i'm still living in 2006 there) and also everyone else is on spotify so playlist wise it's a bit of an issue.

but hey, music.

Yeah,I hear you there vis a vis Spotify .. also,I have a sneaking suspicion Spotifys library is more comprehensive ,although I havent really been in it,but I've checked for things that arent on GooGoo and they seem to have them.
But I'm not subscribing to two services ,thats madness.

I listened to a great radio playlist last night going to bed,of mellow classical Richard Claydermanesque piano jams..so good was it that I lay there listening to it til 4am..so I wont be doing that again.

Theres 35 millon tunes on Google,I figure thats approx. 3.5 million albums...if even 5% of them are decent...thats still probably more music than I coild ever get round to hearing,especially considering how often I keep listening to the same Leonard Cohen album

I've had Fairport Convention on for the last few hours..fantastic!

Anecdotally, I've always found Spotify to have a better catalog (no idea if they're the largest). If a streaming service doesn't pass the 'do they have the entire sea & cake discog?', they fail.

Spotify rules in many ways: last fm integration, decent apps across all platforms, ability to build up a library of 'saved' albums & 'followed' artists, search filters (especially great for getting music put out by a record label), music discovery & an active community of shared playlists. Their notification system for new releases by artists you follow needs to be improved, it's very hit and miss.

What do you mean by lastfm integration? It scrobbles? You can scrobble google music pretty easily if you need to
I haven't tried in ages but I remember the integration was all over the shop on my phone and I ended up with it scrobbling whatever the last song was constantly and on repeat.

Yeah, Spotify has scrobbling out of the box, on all platforms. Possible only with Google Music using third party clients and/or browser extensions. Hackish.

I never understood the purpose of scrobbling..I scrobbled briefly in the last decade.but didnt know why

There is so much I don't understand or have otherwise ignored

It's a nice barometer of what you've been listening to but someone needs to acquire last.fm, they're destined for the shit can. They haven't innovated since the mid-2000's. Can't remember the last time I've actually visited the site as Spotify does a great job of music recommendations / rabbit hole burrowing.

I will say this,this technology has made listening to music my main pastime again.

No Peter Gabriel,No King Crimson

No The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Its full of holes

I'm gonna cancel my subscription again - laziness has me listening to whatever shite appears on the front page. The new simple minds acoustic album is rubbish. I'll see how I get on with these new what replacement sites.

I'm gonna cancel my subscription again - laziness has me listening to whatever shite appears on the front page. The new simple minds acoustic album is rubbish. I'll see how I get on with these new what replacement sites.
I don't think I can be arsed with that lark anymore.

I just want it handy.Convergence.Although I havent quite figured out the best way to navigate the library.
But basically I'm just after a big lp collection and thats exactly what it excels at

Ive been tuning into WFMU pretty regular lately when I want to hear avant garde/obscure jams

Holy shit, I knew they were pushing YouTube premium big time but had no idea this was coming down the line. Google Play is the only way I can listen to my music that I paid for on my phone. So now I won't be able to do that?? That's beyond ridiculous.
Well, you can use another player to play your own files. I think I saw youtube offer to play local files on my phone, I forget. Or do you mean you're paying for google music? If so then you're already paying for youtube music and you can transfer all your stuff over and carry on as normal (this is what I am doing). I get that the guy in the article misses using google for free to store and stream all his music wherever and whenever but...

Well, you can use another player to play your own files. I think I saw youtube offer to play local files on my phone, I forget. Or do you mean you're paying for google music? If so then you're already paying for youtube music and you can transfer all your stuff over and carry on as normal (this is what I am doing). I get that the guy in the article misses using google for free to store and stream all his music wherever and whenever but...
What other players do Android phones have? Not paying at the moment. Don't even have a data plan, so the download option from Google Play was handy. I had uploaded my collection from my old laptop and could take it down onto my phone, album by album, as I needed it.

What other players do Android phones have? Not paying at the moment. Don't even have a data plan, so the download option from Google Play was handy. I had uploaded my collection from my old laptop and could take it down onto my phone, album by album, as I needed it.

VLC i think is on android.

the baked in music apps in android are always a bit of a clusterfuck.

I kinda would like winamp for android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back