good reads (1 Viewer)

Ah cool. Definetly gonna sign up for this. I just bought The Idiot by Dystokevsky (spelled wrong) Candide and Other Stories by Voltaire and Silas Manner by George Eliot all for 12 euro. Bargain!

do yous add the same book to more than one shelf or keep it strictly one shelf for a book? ive been adding mine to more than one but now am not sure its a good idea. i know that it doesnt really matter.

Person I work with keeps liking quotes on this:

“She began to see that character is a better possession than money, rank, intellect, or beauty, and to feel that if greatness is what a wise man has defined it to be, 'truth, reverence, and good will,' then her friend Friedrich Bhaer was not only good, but great. ” — Louisa May Alcott

“You don’t need scores of suitors. You need only one… if he’s the right one. ” — Louisa May Alcott

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
E.E. Cummings

Hmmm, what was said here?

Is this worth joining anyway? I see it occasionally when wanting a review of a book, apart from that is it just a case of ticking off the books one has read?
I love it for ticking off the books that I've read, I like having a list. The recommendations throw up interesting looking things from time to time too. The reviews are fairly rubbish but better than YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back