Good man Stephen Ireland... (1 Viewer)

He's a disgrace if you ask me. Just because we're not going to qualify he couldn't be arsed. If he's not happy to play for his country when the chips are down then he should never be given the opportunity again.

sounds like he's got hang ups, this ireland kid. mind you, if stan "stan" staunton was my gaffer, i wouldn't turn up either.

"We know that Stephen has got problems and at this moment in time he's not mentally ready or prepared to play for his country," said Staunton. "He feels safe in the Manchester environment. Obviously his treatment [counselling] is just around the corner. That's playing a vital part for him. For him to come away for 10 days could be detrimental to him. The player's health is the most important thing here."

um. fair play stan, i suppose.

Fair enough - he obviously has personal problems. Shame he's out, as he has the makings of a top player. If he needs time to get his head together, then it's up to himself.

I wonder what Ngggbblth has to say on this one?!

if...if he's sick in the head, then fine...but I still think it's all very fishy. I mean how could he tog out for City if he's that bad?

if...if he's sick in the head, then fine...but I still think it's all very fishy. I mean how could he tog out for City if he's that bad?

I'd imagine it's because his shrink* is probably based in Manchester so he can continue his treatment whilst playing for city.

* I'm assuming that he's seeing a shrink, that seems to be what Staunton was insinuating.

the fact that he said "football is shit [...] how did I end up doin this?" means he must be completely nuts and miserable. I'd happily take his place on the squad if someone could just kindly provide me with the necessary fitness.

the fact that he said "football is shit [...] how did I end up doin this?" means he must be completely nuts and miserable. I'd happily take his place on the squad if someone could just kindly provide me with the necessary fitness.

So the technique is already in the bag, eh? What about the moral courage, though?

giles2.jpg

"Aw yeah, you're a gud playur, not a great playur...!"

when did he say football is shit? maybe he just has a really low IQ, that whole granny excuse thing was pretty stupid or else maybe he needs the time off for hair plug stuff.

The Bebo page was unsettling. The pink cap and all....
Still, at least his granny is getting her fifteen minutes.

So the technique is already in the bag, eh? What about the moral courage, though?

well I wouldn't sleep with another man's wife or take something that wasn't mine.. so I reckon I'm sorted for that too. I do need to practice bending the ball around the keeper and into the top corner, but sure I'd have that sorted after a few days training with Stan.

Despite being a City fan for 30 years, I find it difficult to condone somebody picking and chosing when they want to line out for their country.

A miscarriage is extremely tough for both males and females to accept / recover from but that cannot be justified as a reason if he's continuing to play for the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back