Good man Stephen Ireland... (1 Viewer)

yeah i know, i just don't think anyone gives a shit. Footballers are constantly talking shit.

If I was the Fai I'd call him up, make him declare himself available then call him up to the squad, and at the last possible minute before you can make alterations to the finals squad tell him to fuck off home.

Stephen. I wouldn't regard it as good news at all. Hunt can be great on his day, mostly off the bench, and with Duff being so injury prone it'd be helpful to have a full compliment of left-sided players to pick from.

He's fucking useless at everything except running blindly into the corner, That might have been fine in the qualifiers or when no one knew who the fuck he was, but this is Croatia, Spain and Italy they know to just allow him to leg it towards the flag, don't dive in, make him try to beat you, he can't and even if he did, he's got no final ball in him. Hunt is a very very poor player, He should not be in the side no matter what Duff and McClean are certainties for me.

He's fucking useless at everything except running blindly into the corner, That might have been fine in the qualifiers or when no one knew who the fuck he was, but this is Croatia, Spain and Italy they know to just allow him to leg it towards the flag, don't dive in, make him try to beat you, he can't and even if he did, he's got no final ball in him. Hunt is a very very poor player, He should not be in the side no matter what Duff and McClean are certainties for me.

Hunt was probably our best player against Italy in Bari and almost scored an almost cracker against them. He's far from useless. I get that he can be brainless, give the ball away or do nothing with it, but when on form he can be excellent.

Hunt was probably our best player against Italy in Bari and almost scored an almost cracker against them. He's far from useless. I get that he can be brainless, give the ball away or do nothing with it, but when on form he can be excellent.
yeah, but he was concussed for that. he hadn't a clue what he was doing. Now i'd advocate a whack of hammer on the noggin before sending him on, for sure. But lets face it, he's utter gack. and he's a dirty little cunt too.

yeah, but he was concussed for that. he hadn't a clue what he was doing. Now i'd advocate a whack of hammer on the noggin before sending him on, for sure. But lets face it, he's utter gack. and he's a dirty little cunt too.

Hunt's injury could be McClean's only chance of making the plane if the Ireland Panini stickers are anything to go by:

19_mascotte.jpg

http://www.balls.ie/2012/04/04/mccarthy-mcclean-and-paul-green-all-omitted-from-ireland-euro-2012-panini-sticker-squad/

He came on against Italy at Croker and did fuck all, eventually he got a cheap free kick late in the game (not down to his good play it was poor by the Italian) and we scored from it but other than that the Italian right back had him in his pocket all night,
He's rubbish.

Look he's now playing in a side that is going to be relegated this is the third time for him I think the highest he's ever finished in the premiership is 16th he's a poor poor player he's got no business playing at the highest level.

I feel I must mention here that I don't think Hunt is a particularly good player. Just someone I think is experienced and useful to have around rather than injured. But if you want to start singling out member of our squad who don't deserve to be playing at the highest level then you could easily mention Whelan and Ward also (and maybe some others), both of whom will not only be on the plane but will most likely be in the starting XI.

Hunt is a poor player, if he can't go then it increases the chances that McClean will, I'm not on the McClean is the messiah bandwagon but he looks like a much better player than Hunt is.

Hunt's the type of footballer that GAA fans think is good.

He's a mongrel of a player alright but Hunt can be very effective when he's fully fit.. His career is tailing off though, injured for large parts of the last 2 seasons and has barely done anything for Wolves this year. If it was based on form McClean should obviously go instead, but Trap is going to go for experience, loyalty etc so unless he's actually ruled out I'd expect Hunt to be in the squad. I'd imagine we'll have 4 wingers - Duff, McGeady, Hunt and either Coleman or Fahey (probably Fahey, based on the experience and versatility factors).

Gibson must have a good shout of getting back into the team, having done what Trap wanted him to do.. I would drop Whelan and start Gibson alongside Andrews, with Keane in a deep role to make it 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 when needs be. Ward is a weak spot for certain but we have so few options in that position, hopefully we don't end up paying for Trap ignoring Marc Wilson and Tierney at Norwich.

Ward is a weak spot for certain but we have so few options in that position, hopefully we don't end up paying for Trap ignoring Marc Wilson and Tierney at Norwich.

Wilson blotted his own copybook though didn't he? It's not really Trap ignoring him more than he's holding a grudge AFAIK. Anyone playing well at right back we could have instead of Ward and move O'Shea to the left?

Yeah Wilson was named to start against Norn Iron and didn't show, Ward was called up to replace him and the rest is history.. Trap evidently wasn't convinced by the excuse, seeing as Wilson has barely made a squad since. Don't think O'Shea has played much on the left in years.. actually he's been much, much better for Sunderland since he was moved from full back to the middle. Ideally it'd be Dunne and O'Shea in the middle for Ireland, wouldn't want to break the Dunne \ St Ledger partnership at this stage though. For right backs, if not O'Shea I suppose Kelly would be next in line, never a hugely impressive player but at least he's nailed down a starting spot for Fulham this season. Had high hopes for Kevin Foley but if anything he's regressed this year playing with the worst defence in the Premier League.

St Ledger. I forgot about him. Sure, he'll have the Spanish in his pocket. I hear the Leicester reserves do tiki-taka.

Ah to be fair I think St Ledger is solid. He is now a cert for the Leicester first team - apparently their best player these days. Unlike Hunt, who can't even get in that decrepit Wolves team even when his groin isn't crocked. O'Dea is alright too, and then you have Alex Pearce supposedly getting a look in for player of the year in the Championship at Reading and he's not even been called up yet (he apparantly wants to declare). Don't knock it.

The Wilson debacle is a shame though. A lot of miscommunication there that needs to be ironed out. He's solid and offers good cover across the back, and even in midfield if there's any real need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back