Good man Stephen Ireland... (1 Viewer)

I Bleed Black

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
He's a disgrace if you ask me. Just because we're not going to qualify he couldn't be arsed. If he's not happy to play for his country when the chips are down then he should never be given the opportunity again.

Hector Grey

Contributor
Threads
sounds like he's got hang ups, this ireland kid. mind you, if stan "stan" staunton was my gaffer, i wouldn't turn up either.

Hector Grey

Contributor
Threads
"We know that Stephen has got problems and at this moment in time he's not mentally ready or prepared to play for his country," said Staunton. "He feels safe in the Manchester environment. Obviously his treatment [counselling] is just around the corner. That's playing a vital part for him. For him to come away for 10 days could be detrimental to him. The player's health is the most important thing here."

um. fair play stan, i suppose.

Johnnyc

Threads
Fair enough - he obviously has personal problems. Shame he's out, as he has the makings of a top player. If he needs time to get his head together, then it's up to himself.

Thread starter #25

Benny Cake

Supporter
Threads
I wonder what Ngggbblth has to say on this one?!

if...if he's sick in the head, then fine...but I still think it's all very fishy. I mean how could he tog out for City if he's that bad?

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com

if...if he's sick in the head, then fine...but I still think it's all very fishy. I mean how could he tog out for City if he's that bad?
I'd imagine it's because his shrink* is probably based in Manchester so he can continue his treatment whilst playing for city.

* I'm assuming that he's seeing a shrink, that seems to be what Staunton was insinuating.

avernus

Threads
the fact that he said "football is shit [...] how did I end up doin this?" means he must be completely nuts and miserable. I'd happily take his place on the squad if someone could just kindly provide me with the necessary fitness.

Johnnyc

Threads
the fact that he said "football is shit [...] how did I end up doin this?" means he must be completely nuts and miserable. I'd happily take his place on the squad if someone could just kindly provide me with the necessary fitness.
So the technique is already in the bag, eh? What about the moral courage, though?

kevin gallen

Threads
Website
www.qprdot.org
when did he say football is shit? maybe he just has a really low IQ, that whole granny excuse thing was pretty stupid or else maybe he needs the time off for hair plug stuff.

Thread starter #38

Benny Cake

Supporter
Threads
The Bebo page was unsettling. The pink cap and all....
Still, at least his granny is getting her fifteen minutes.

avernus

Threads
So the technique is already in the bag, eh? What about the moral courage, though?
well I wouldn't sleep with another man's wife or take something that wasn't mine.. so I reckon I'm sorted for that too. I do need to practice bending the ball around the keeper and into the top corner, but sure I'd have that sorted after a few days training with Stan.

nlgbbbblth

Threads
Frozen in time since 12:34am on January 1 1982
Website
www.nlgbbbblth.wordpress.com

Despite being a City fan for 30 years, I find it difficult to condone somebody picking and chosing when they want to line out for their country.

A miscarriage is extremely tough for both males and females to accept / recover from but that cannot be justified as a reason if he's continuing to play for the club.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads