good face creams? (1 Viewer)

jane said:
I've tried Lush conditioner before, and I really didn't like it. I do like those buckets of hair masque you can get, though. I should get a new one, now that I can't use the 'Marilyn' one for blonde hair anymore (I was nearly out anyway).

oh yes, those hairmask things are brilliant. the one with the unpronounceable chinese name is excellent if you're going for a non-blonde-y one.

which conditioner did you try, out of interest?

How much is the Almay kinetin stuff? I got some hand cream with kinetin once, and thought it was really good.

about 25 quid for a large bottle of moisturizer, iirc. it didn't irritate my super duper sensitive skin either.

minka said:
they're not *that* cheap, but have you tried lush's shampoo and conditioner? they are only bleedin' marvellous, especially when you have burgeoning crazy lady hair like what i do.

May I ask how your hair is bordering on crazy? I'm serious. I want to compare. It's just mine is curly but it's not dry and course at all - it's more ringlety. I wish it was drier coz the curls wouldn't flatten so easily. Anyways - some conditioners make it really heavy and floppy and i hate that. Takes the spring out of it. A bit of spring is good. Like that TréSemé stuff makes my hair too soft. The only conditioner I find good is Vo5, for some reason. And the only hair moose that works if pantene's purple one. Fact.

So Minka, my question (hidden among that maze of inconsequential waffle) is "does lush conditioner make your hair really really soft or does it give it more of a strong, texturised feeling?" I know they have load of different types, but what have you experienced? As satisfied as I am with Vo5, I'd be keen to try other ones I haven't come across yet.

For the record, I really like neutrogena shampoo - the residue removing ones, expecially coz I use hair moose. But someone told me that those build-up removing products are just a sham, and that they work no differently to ordinary shampoos in terms of getting your hair clean. Thoughts?

The Body Shop make a nice carot face cream. Tis a bit expensive though. I reckon there's not much difference between the expensive and cheap ones. Just stick with the Nivea!

roxy said:
For the record, I really like neutrogena shampoo - the residue removing ones, expecially coz I use hair moose. But someone told me that those build-up removing products are just a sham, and that they work no differently to ordinary shampoos in terms of getting your hair clean. Thoughts?

probably true.
Also if your hair comes mouse free after a normal wash
why would you want to remove more residue(natural oils) from
yer hed.

kirstie said:
no one is allowed to say jip or any variant thereof.

Right, so, what can you recommend anyone? I think I need an eye cream.

i saw the thread and was soo getting ready to recommend Hot Man Chow.

oh well, my sister swears by hers.. i shall find the name..

frona said:
The Body Shop make a nice carot face cream. Tis a bit expensive though. I reckon there's not much difference between the expensive and cheap ones. Just stick with the Nivea!

THAT'S BOLLOX

frantically searching for cogent reasons for spending all her wages on face creams

Seriously buh, I use h'expensive Estee Lauder face creams that make my skin feel like *actual* velvet. I once put some of each that I use on my friends hand and she sat there in awe, stroking it for hours afterwards. Like a kitten.

roxy said:
May I ask how your hair is bordering on crazy? I'm serious. I want to compare. It's just mine is curly but it's not dry and course at all - it's more ringlety. I wish it was drier coz the curls wouldn't flatten so easily. Anyways - some conditioners make it really heavy and floppy and i hate that. Takes the spring out of it. A bit of spring is good. Like that TréSemé stuff makes my hair too soft. The only conditioner I find good is Vo5, for some reason. And the only hair moose that works if pantene's purple one. Fact.

So Minka, my question (hidden among that maze of inconsequential waffle) is "does lush conditioner make your hair really really soft or does it give it more of a strong, texturised feeling?" I know they have load of different types, but what have you experienced? As satisfied as I am with Vo5, I'd be keen to try other ones I haven't come across yet.

hmmm, how to describe my hair? it's both curly AND wavy - some of it is ringlety, the rest is more just kind of bendy. it's also extremely thick, though not coarse, and slightly dry at the ends.

the lush conditioner i use (coolaulin) does make it slightly softer, so i don't know if it would suit you. the thing i like about it is that it makes my hair shinier, and also defines the curls more, so i don't just have a head of staticky frizz.

they're quite good at giving samples in the shop, so maybe go in and ask for a go of some of the conditioners?

back on the subject of stuff for your gob,
after washing your face rub some honey on it, (your going to have to spread
it evenly and thinly and it will stop dripping, leave it for 10 -20 minutes,
and wash off with warm water.
leaves your face super soft.
as recommended by sarah!

For the boys, might I recommend Kiehl's products (www.kiehls.com). I got a present of some last year, and have been hooked ever since. Only trouble is the only stockist in Ireland seems to be Blue Eriu and it costs about four times more there than it should. The website doesn't deliver internationally, so I think a trip to their new store in London will be in order on my next visit.

(yay - male representation in the face creams thread!)

jack nance hair said:
For the boys, might I recommend Kiehl's products (www.kiehls.com). I got a present of some last year, and have been hooked ever since. Only trouble is the only stockist in Ireland seems to be Blue Eriu and it costs about four times more there than it should. The website doesn't deliver internationally, so I think a trip to their new store in London will be in order on my next visit.

(yay - male representation in the face creams thread!)

Are you, perchance, a joke?

what a surprise. The price of Nars eyeshadows in there is a scandal as well.

minka said:
don't think so - i've only seen it in blue eriu as well, and they seem to have trebled the us prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back