good face creams? (1 Viewer)

krystal

Since 2000
no one is allowed to say jip or any variant thereof.

Right, so, what can you recommend anyone? I think I need an eye cream.

clinique do a lovely moisturiser that I had the pleasure of using a few times
it's in a bottle rather than a jar, but can't remember the name of it.

is the moisture surge stuff?? I have heard good things.

I generally stick to nivea soft or clinique yellow goo stuff but even before Liadain gave me a complex I was idly thinking of getting an eye cream, and was so interested in recommendations.

kirstie said:

I generally stick to nivea soft or clinique yellow goo stuff but even before Liadain gave me a complex I was idly thinking of getting an eye cream, and was so interested in recommendations.

I use Dermalogica stuff -- I know I've mentioned it on another thread -- and it's fabulous. It's on the pricey side, but it lasts for ages, so it's worth it.

Benefit do a really good eye cream, which I've only ever tried on in the shop, but Dermalogica's Total Eye Care is my new secret. You only need a teeny bit, and it's tinted with a little bit of sheen, so it makes one's eyes look fab. Even the fella notices, which has to be saying something.

excellent, when can one purchase said cream?

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is my new beautoy secret. Amazing stuff, you can use it for so many, meeehhheeennny things, and it also acts as an amazing cuticle cream.

kirstie said:

When I were a lass I found using my mum's eye creams cured me of all spots. I reckon it was all the retinol.

kirstie said:
excellent, when can one purchase said cream?

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is my new beautoy secret. Amazing stuff, you can use it for so many, meeehhheeennny things, and it also acts as an amazing cuticle cream.

I go to a place called 'Heaven' on Grand Canal Street (I've turned Minka on to its joys, too), where I purchase all of the wondrous magic that is Dermalogica. I recommend shelling out for the cleanser and the Multivitamin Recovery Masque. The difference is not just in my head, but truly on my face.

hinteresting, cheers. I am using a Vichy cleanser at the moment called, Normaderm (as opposed to sub-normalderm I guess) which is working a treat now Jane, a treat I say.

I shall investigate the joys of dermalogica products come payday.

jane said:
I go to a place called 'Heaven' on Grand Canal Street (I've turned Minka on to its joys, too), where I purchase all of the wondrous magic that is Dermalogica. I recommend shelling out for the cleanser and the Multivitamin Recovery Masque. The difference is not just in my head, but truly on my face.

haha, I'd say she wanted to bate you though, wha? Them things is dear.
helena said:
When I were a lass I found using my mum's eye creams cured me of all spots. I reckon it was all the retinol.

kirstie said:
hinteresting, cheers. I am using a Vichy cleanser at the moment called, Normaderm (as opposed to sub-normalderm I guess) which is working a treat now Jane, a treat I say.

I shall investigate the joys of dermalogica products come payday.

It's worth it! I think they're becoming more widely available in Ireland, too, so you should be able to find them fairly easily. I'll let you know if I see any for sale in town.

Okay, now I have a question. I'm trying to cut down on my use of high-end products, though I usually do find that I can stretch them so that they end up being better value than the cheaper stuff. But, are there any really good shampoos and conditioners on the cheap end that are just as good?

jane said:
Okay, now I have a question. I'm trying to cut down on my use of high-end products, though I usually do find that I can stretch them so that they end up being better value than the cheaper stuff. But, are there any really good shampoos and conditioners on the cheap end that are just as good?

yeah, that Tres Semme stuff is really nice, I got some last week. It's about a fiver for a 500ml bottle of shampoo or conditioner and the conditioner is lovely.

jane said:

indeed, i had a lurvely facial there before christmas. i am currently using their cleanser and moisturizer, though have the eye cream next on my "to buy" list.

almay's kinetin range is also v. nice (though not quite as nice) and a bit less 'spensive.

jane said:
It's worth it! I think they're becoming more widely available in Ireland, too, so you should be able to find them fairly easily. I'll let you know if I see any for sale in town.

they're not *that* cheap, but have you tried lush's shampoo and conditioner? they are only bleedin' marvellous, especially when you have burgeoning crazy lady hair like what i do.

kirstie said:
yeah, that Tres Semme stuff is really nice, I got some last week. It's about a fiver for a 500ml bottle of shampoo or conditioner and the conditioner is lovely.

Thanks! I'm not giving up on my fancy conditioners, but I might reduce my usage of them, thus making them last even longer, most likely without reducing their effectiveness.

As for shampoos, I think it's easier to get away with cheaper ones, even with my straw-like hair. I'm looking forward to later in the year, when I won't have any chemical-killed hair left, and it won't need so much expensive help.

oh yes, a friend of mine was raving about this place, but the welter of clashing smells coming out of it just put me off. I must go in though. When I get paid.

minka said:
they're not *that* cheap, but have you tried lush's shampoo and conditioner? they are only bleedin' marvellous, especially when you have burgeoning crazy lady hair like what i do.

minka said:

I've tried Lush conditioner before, and I really didn't like it. I do like those buckets of hair masque you can get, though. I should get a new one, now that I can't use the 'Marilyn' one for blonde hair anymore (I was nearly out anyway).

How much is the Almay kinetin stuff? I got some hand cream with kinetin once, and thought it was really good.

Fancy, I'm really sorry this is all so hard for you. Really.

kirstie said:
oh yes, a friend of mine was raving about this place, but the welter of clashing smells coming out of it just put me off. I must go in though. When I get paid.

I'm hooked on their soaps, particularly 'Banana Moon' and 'Honey I Washed the Kids'. I used to use their honey shower gel, but they discontinued it. Something about a 'honey shortage' was what they told me (and I think there actually was one), but I think it was simply outselling the other varieties by far too much. It was fantasticalissimo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back