going back to college (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3
I propose we have a whip-round amongst the good folks of thumped and pay off hayworth's college debt.

what say you? If we can save Road we can do this.

All we need is 40 grand, right?

easy

Nah, screw the US! Once I become a EU citizen in two years (fingers crossed) I just won't ever work in the states again. They can try to hunt me and my backpack down.

First one was in English, second one was in E-Business (basically web/software/database design and development from a business perspective).

Was there any difficulties in moving from an English master to a tech/science one afterwards? Did you do an Arts or Science undergrad? Just asking as I'd be interested in mving from Arts to some form of Tech masters but I don't think I'll be accepted..

Was there any difficulties in moving from an English master to a tech/science one afterwards? Did you do an Arts or Science undergrad? Just asking as I'd be interested in mving from Arts to some form of Tech masters but I don't think I'll be accepted..
Nope, no problem, apart from taking ages to get my head around object-oriented programming. E-Business (as well as I think most of the Graduate Skills Conversion Programme masterses.. the clue is in the name) was aimed specifically at people who had little to no experience in any of the areas covered. Most of the people in my class in E-Business were business/commerce/accounting graduates and I struggled more with the business side of the course than they did for obvious reasons, but as far as the tech side went I was fine. Both the business and the technical aspects of it helped me get my current job so I was definitely happy I did it even if it wrecked my head at the time.

My undergrad was in English and Linguistics, I don't think you can get into any English masters (in this country anyway) with anything other than a degree in English or something very closely related.

my brother went from english masters to tech writing masters. the tech writing course had two streams, one for computer grads and one for english grads. no problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back