Godspeed You! Black Emeror. tripod. fri dec 10 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 7
Doors are at 19:30, there is no support, as someone said above they played a 2 hour set in Scotland (and a 2 hour + set at ATP) the curfew is 22:30 so I'd work to the reasoning that they will be on at 20:15 nay 20:30.

Until anyone says otherwise that's what I'm running with !!!

Surprised at how much it emptied out as soon as they went off stage the first time. The calls for an encore were a bit tepid really.
What did people think? Over 8 years since I saw them last. That is a long time.
It was good without being amazing I thought. Maybe I'm less tolerant of some of their more ponderous bits than I used to be, or maybe it's because I was on a crutch. Storm and Moya were deadly though, and whatever They Don't Sleep Anymore on the Beaches is called. It was all curiously dated I thought. It's all very redolent of doomy turn of the millennium angst. The ominous footage of birds and factories as well. Some of their posturing feels embarrassing in the cold light of my late twenties. It also harked back to the days when men were men, and gig audiences were 1% female.

Amazing gig last night, great sound, the band were really into it as were (most of*) the crowd and I really liked the visuals too.

The only real problem being everyone barging past me where I stood :(

*The four old cunts standing by the wall about two thirds of the way down on the left that talked through the entire thing being the main exception.

I booked ATP I'll be your mirror tickets for the Saturday,before they announced GYBE for the Sunday,fucking gutted so I am...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back