godparenting (1 Viewer)

two church goers just asked me to be their child's godfather.
So, I said I would, but I told them that I was a heathen bastard.
They said they already knew that.
So, I was in the church, but the priest knew. He took one look at me, and said "heathen bastard", and told me that if the state troopers arrested me, and dragged me off, and tried to lock me away for being a Catholic, would they be able to convict me?

This is front of the whole fucking church now.
This was also a new priest, because the previous one was dragged off by the state troopers for kiddie fiddling.
(Seriously. I imagine it was playing on your man's mind.)

So, I am trying to stall for time, and sweating bullets, and people are looking at me, and I was just about to crack under the spotlight.

But I toughed it out. The man that I am.

Yeah. So, birthdays.
My Godchild is a terror too. Which I like.

What's the status if your a godparent and then leave the church? I left the CC about 5 years ago but I was already a godparent to my sister (we'd run out of relatives to ask, she was the 6th kid) so I don't know what I'll do if I get asked to stand for her Confirmation like..

Youre a fool!

'Im sorry Mam I wont be able to stand at Agnes's confirmation. I worship satan now. He and Goro are my new masters'

What's the status if your a godparent and then leave the church? I left the CC about 5 years ago but I was already a godparent to my sister (we'd run out of relatives to ask, she was the 6th kid) so I don't know what I'll do if I get asked to stand for her Confirmation like..

how did you go about leaving the church?

i think these days its generally accepted that god parents are for giving money and presents and that the religious stuff is completely irrelevant. think of the easter bunny... im godfather to one of my brothers twins and my sister is godfather to the other twin. i never remember his birthday or christmas or any of that shit but my sister remembers them all and sends gifts and cash to the other lad. i had to hold him at the christening and maybe i had to agree to make sure he would be good and catholic, i forget. im an atheist but am happy to lie to priests. i dont think my godfather knows hes my godfather and he didnt attend the christening so you can even skip that if you like. however the parents can decide to drop you and make someone else godparent if they want - my sister is a second-choice godmother to some kid

yeah but did the priest threaten you with state troopers shaney?

with INCARCERATION???

Did he fuck.

in americay shit is hard core. shit comes down hard.
Fo. Real.

im godfather to one of my brothers twins and my sister is godfather to the other twin. i never remember his birthday or christmas or any of that shit but my sister remembers them all and sends gifts and cash to the other lad.

You sister sounds like I a man with his head on his shoulders to be sure.

yeah but did the priest threaten you with state troopers shaney?

with INCARCERATION???

Did he fuck.

in americay shit is hard core. shit comes down hard.
Fo. Real.

oh be quiet. my god son lives in texas, i even travelled there for the christening.

You sister sounds like I a man with his head on his shoulders to be sure.

thanks you i jrad for that pointing up mitsake

same here, an avowed atheist and was asked to be a godfather.

There is actually a term for being a godless godparent, apparently is "guardparent". My boss is guardfather to one of his mate's kids.

I'm godmother to my cousin's daughter even though I'm an agnostic with pagan tendancies. I was in the States for her christening, so was godmother "by proxy" thank fuck - otherwise I would have been too tempted to say "What, even the first 3 Black Sabbath albums?" when asked did I reject Satan and all his works.

I've been asked to be godfather again, christening looming - do you buy presents for a child for its christening? What do you buy? I've heard talk of silver trinkety stuff - does anyone actually want that kinda stuff? The birthday is a few days later, i'll have to get something for that anyway. I'm hoping to do better this time in terms of presents and stuff than i did for the other godchild and I'm hoping the other one wont get jealous and remind me at every opportunity how little i did for him.

I've been asked to be godfather again, christening looming - do you buy presents for a child for its christening? What do you buy? I've heard talk of silver trinkety stuff - does anyone actually want that kinda stuff? The birthday is a few days later, i'll have to get something for that anyway. I'm hoping to do better this time in terms of presents and stuff than i did for the other godchild and I'm hoping the other one wont get jealous and remind me at every opportunity how little i did for him.

I was godparent to my nephew this year. I gave my sister €50 and told her to spend it on him, either for a thing or just for nappies and shit.

you need to get him/her a silver Luke Skywalker figure and then different figures from the collection for birthdays, easter etc. At xmas you've to buy the millennium falcon or an AT-AT.

I like the turning up idea best. Cash is good too but the parents have loads of it and I have almost none and they know it so it seems a bit silly for me to give them money, and they'd probably feel bad so unfortunately I'm left having to come up with "thoughtful" ideas. I reckon one of those bubble blowing machines might be fun.

hard cash Shaney, hard cash.

I've added a second godchild since starting this thread.

I do fuck all to be honest. I throw their parents a bit of cash in a card for birthdays. Thats it.

Isn't there a grant for it?

I think farmers get EU money for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back