Glen Campbell's new album (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Anyone heard any of this? links?

http://www.spinner.com/2008/04/30/glen-campbell-covers-u2-green-day-on-new-album/

Glen Campbell, the man responsible for enduring classics like 'Witchita Lineman' and 'Rhinestone Cowboy' will take on modern rock staples by the Foo Fighters, U2 and Green Day this summer. The country singer, 72, will follow in the footsteps of artists like Johnny Cash -- and attempt to reach a younger audience -- when he drops 'Meet Glen Campbell' on August 19.

"I really like all of the songs and I had a great time recording them," says Campbell, who also covers tunes by the Velvet Underground, John Lennon, Travis and the Replacements, plus two numbers originally performed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for the upcoming disc. "While I didn't write these songs, this sounds like a Glen Campbell album, which is important to me."

'Meet Glen Campbell' tracklist:

'Jesus' (Velvet Underground)
'All I Want Is You' (U2)
'Times Like These' (Foo Fighters)
Grow Old With Me' (John Lennon)
'Angel Dream' (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
'Sadly Beautiful' (The Replacements)
'Sing' (Travis)
'These Days' (Jackson Browne)
'Walls (Circus)' (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
'Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)' (Green Day)

got this today, love it

going to see the man on tuesday

eep

glen campbell

Heard him singing on that Afternoon show on UTV with the load of bints.His voice is'nt great.

I thought he sounded good on Jools Hollands show

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well I suppose no one can really belt it out at lunchtime.

I saw him at Midlands a few years back and he was pretty crap, but the oldies seemed to dig him. Did he bring out his daughter and have her belt out a few naff numbers?

I saw him at Midlands a few years back and he was pretty crap, but the oldies seemed to dig him. Did he bring out his daughter and have her belt out a few naff numbers?

Yeah, the 1980s lady came out and did Buddy Holly's 'Dreams' with him and some other song that Ive completely forgotten about. He was catering to the older members of the crowd which was most of it so I cant have too many objections about the set or how he played it. Rhinestone Cowboy was basically a cover version by the entire crowd but Wichita Lineman sent proper shivers down my spine. Oh and he played his cover of Classical Gas so between those 2 songs alone I left happy enough.

"dreams" was the daughters second appearance of the night. can't remember what she did first time round. the band was pretty horrible to watch too. competent but totally flaccid imho. seemed like they were playing some of those songs for the first time. and remember the bit where he had to move his lyrics prompter yoke? he awkwardly bent over and the mic fed back from the monitors and he stumbled back into a table and knocked stuff off it. he didn't seem to want to be there really. can't say i blame him. thought the foo fighters song was better than the original.

but yeah, as you said 99% of the audience seemed to totally be digging it.

I thought he was great- thought a little bit doddery. He would have been lost without the teleprompter.

But, a great guitar playing and still a great singer

Nice shirts too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back