Glassed on St Stephens Green - jaysus! (2 Viewers)

theinvisiblerep

Howdy.

So I was the victim of an unprovoked attack on Saturday night - was walking down from whelans to stephens green when a chap decided it would be a laugh riot to smash a pint glass across my head. Bouncers got hold of him and he was arrested and that.

I have to make a statement to gardai on Wedneday, anyone know what way the whole prosecution process works? Or if it even does?

I have to make a statement to gardai on Wedneday, anyone know what way the whole prosecution process works? Or if it even does?

Thats awful.
As far as I know you make a statement and that statement along with the Gardai report is sent to the DPP they then decide the merits of the case whether its worth taking it to court or not.

Given that there were plenty of witnesses and it was totally unprovoked i'd say you have a good chance of getting justice.

OutForJustice-741631.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTCmzvnO-eY"]YouTube - Cro-Mags - Street Justice[/ame]

I was about 15 seconds away from getting my head kicked in on Gardiner Street on Saturday night, completely randomly. I was waiting for a taxi and thankfully one came along, the two approaching would-be assailants left to issue threats to the back of the vehicle.
I generally regard Dublin as being quite safe but that and the story above has scared me a little.

I was about 15 seconds away from getting my head kicked in on Gardiner Street on Saturday night, completely randomly. I was waiting for a taxi and thankfully one came along, the two approaching would-be assailants left to issue threats to the back of the vehicle.
I generally regard Dublin as being quite safe but that and the story above has scared me a little.

Yeah I always feel pretty safe in Dublin and dont think (hope) it will change my attitude towards heading out.

The way I see it - the number of times I've headed out over the last few years something was always gonna happen, statistically speaking and all.

Sorry to hear that, hope it's not too serious. It's happened to some people I know and it genrally pans out like this;
You and any other witness (friends, bar staff etc) will have to make statements. The Gards will take the guy into custody in a few days for a full interview if it hasnt happened already, could have been a caution and release he recieved that night.
The delay is because it takes a while to get all the statements in order, camera footage and stuff like that, might seem like they're just sitting on their hands but shit needs to be in order before they talk to him.
He'll be released again and get a court date.
There'll be a date set for court, usually it's the smallest one, think that's the local one. On the day the judge can decide it's too serious for him/her to sit on and sent on to the next one (district court?).
Normally when it comes to trial (after up to a year) the guilt person can expect to pay a fine of about 1000 per stitch (if the cut is to the face) and a suspended sentence or a few months in prison espichally if it's a violent unprevoked attack like your sounds.
You need to get a decent solicitor and expect it to take a long time before anything happens to the bastard that hit you. Shit I know, but it's better then them getting away with it.

Jeez! I always feel safe in Dublin. I don't know why that is, but I do. Hell I use to walk back to the IFSC at all hours of the night alone. Although, the other day I was commenting how I've seen a fair bit of grittiness as of late in the Rathmines area. Watched a drug deal through a brick wall in Portabello while walking to Whelans on Friday. Perhaps I should reconsider walking alone at night.

Hope your head is doing okay.

Thanks for the advice/kind words guys.

Miraculously I didn't need any stitches. I wanna see the hoor prosecuted but can't really afford a solicitor - is there really a need? I was under the impression that he'd just go before a judge and get the whole "boys will be boys" treatment...

It happened right outside that Dandelion niteclub place so the CCTV should have got it, the guard took it away on a USB key anyway.

Thanks for the advice/kind words guys.

Miraculously I didn't need any stitches. I wanna see the hoor prosecuted but can't really afford a solicitor - is there really a need? I was under the impression that he'd just go before a judge and get the whole "boys will be boys" treatment...

you shouldnt need a solicitor i wouldnt think and i cant see any judge just laughing it off either to be honest (i didnt bother my hole with the guards so cant say for sure but have been in court a few times so have a bit of experience :) )

Jeez! I always feel safe in Dublin. I don't know why that is, but I do. Hell I use to walk back to the IFSC at all hours of the night alone. Although, the other day I was commenting how I've seen a fair bit of grittiness as of late in the Rathmines area. Watched a drug deal through a brick wall in Portabello while walking to Whelans on Friday. Perhaps I should reconsider walking alone at night.

Hope your head is doing okay.

I've been living in rathmines for over a year and I got hassled for the first time walking home the other week, group of lads threatening to break my face ect. i had walked past them 15 minutes previously walking a mate home to rathgar bout 3am on a sat night, had a feeling they'd have a pop at me on the way back if they were still there and true to form one of them swung for me after a bit of goading. reminded me of growing up on my housing estate in clondalkin! no damage done to me however but I don't like to think what would have happened if my drunk female friend walked by them on her own.

also, a mate of mine was walking up camden/wexford street about 11pm a few friday's ago and some random dude punched him the face.

must be something in the water...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back