Glassed on St Stephens Green - jaysus! (1 Viewer)

I've been living in rathmines for over a year and I got hassled for the first time walking home the other week, group of lads threatening to break my face ect. i had walked past them 15 minutes previously walking a mate home to rathgar bout 3am on a sat night, had a feeling they'd have a pop at me on the way back if they were still there and true to form one of them swung for me after a bit of goading. reminded me of growing up on my housing estate in clondalkin! no damage done to me however but I don't like to think what would have happened if my drunk female friend walked by them on her own.

also, a mate of mine was walking up camden/wexford street about 11pm a few friday's ago and some random dude punched him the face.

must be something in the water...

Yeah, I've been living there for the last year and a half and have luckily never been bothered. The last three months however it's been getting a bit shady, no doubt. Good man walking your friend home.

mysterymen.png

I've been living in rathmines for over a year and I got hassled for the first time walking home the other week, group of lads threatening to break my face ect. i had walked past them 15 minutes previously walking a mate home to rathgar bout 3am on a sat night, had a feeling they'd have a pop at me on the way back if they were still there and true to form one of them swung for me after a bit of goading. reminded me of growing up on my housing estate in clondalkin! no damage done to me however but I don't like to think what would have happened if my drunk female friend walked by them on her own.

also, a mate of mine was walking up camden/wexford street about 11pm a few friday's ago and some random dude punched him the face.

must be something in the water...

become more assertive dude.not having a go but if your heading somewhere and think you may get hassled carry an improvised weapon if possible (bunch of keys in your fist,glass bottle,rolled up newspaper/anything else you can see) then if anything does start go straight on the offensive,look the biggest/mouthiest prick straight in the eye and tell him you'll put him in hospital (it helps if you have a thick dublin accent) a lot of it is in the head,if you can put any sort of doubt in their minds they will normally back right off.

become more assertive dude.not having a go but if your heading somewhere and think you may get hassled carry an improvised weapon if possible (bunch of keys in your fist,glass bottle,rolled up newspaper/anything else you can see) then if anything does start go straight on the offensive,look the biggest/mouthiest prick straight in the eye and tell him you'll put him in hospital (it helps if you have a thick dublin accent) a lot of it is in the head,if you can put any sort of doubt in their minds they will normally back right off.

i see what your saying, that's what I tried to do - i didn't avoid them, i could have crossed the street but i marched straight at them, chest out looking straight ahead etc. altho i suppose in hindsight i probably looked a bit timid, i was wearing pj bottoms, loose baggy t shirt and slippers at the time!

Yeah, I've been living there for the last year and a half and have luckily never been bothered. The last three months however it's been getting a bit shady, no doubt. Good man walking your friend home.
im in my late thirthies and rathmines was on my route home for the guts of 20 odd years,in my experience unfortunately it goes in cycle s ,mental for a year or so then quiet for a few ,then mad again!new cycle s of students movin in, the fact that its on so many bus routes ,and the amount of pubs /nightclubs is a very bad combination!
i never had any trouble but i know plenty who did and ive seen a few vicious scraps espeicially since charlie charles became a staple of a nite out in this town !!

ive seen a few vicious scraps espeicially since charlie charles became a staple of a nite out in this town !!

When i moved to Ranelagh it was during the summer where everyone was constantly taking shrooms and everything was fantastic, at the end of the summer that cock jumped off his balcony, shrooms were banned and everyone seemed to be on coke a week later.

So to restore public order

Free shrooms for all. Makes perfect sense

Jaysus. Sorry to hear that. Hope there's no long term damaged.

There's so much stupid scum out there.

I'm starting to think a bit like Travis Bickle now.

Are you mike vallely?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry to hear about that. Hope the dick gets f**ked - fair play for following through.
September in Dublin. It's the same every year. Dunno what it is but this time every year theres a big increase in random street violence.

Whereabouts did it happen? On Cuffe St? Can this guy be done for attempted murder?

Happened outside the Dandelion nightclub beside Stephens green shopping centre.

I'd doubt they'd do him for attempted murder (tho a law-type friend of mine told me a glass is class 3 weapon or something) - I'd settle for him getting a criminal record which could fuck him up for jobs or something.

Yeah, payback in a long-winded, softcore way is a bitch!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back