Giving up the smokes (2 Viewers)

snakybus said:
Well, what you call a god complex, others might call naive and silly

it's all about perspective isn't it

Its just cause yer old thats all... :p

Catwoman said:
Worked out great - one session and I never smoked again. Doesn't get rid of cravings, just makes them easier to deal with and you don't give into them.

Here Catwoman, will you PM me the details of aforementioned hypnotist please? Will power alone is not enough. I gave up the smokes for about 9 months or so and am now back on them. Only 2 - 3 a day mind, BUT STILL! I don't want to smoke anymore and yet I :heart: those 2-3 sneaky ones I have of an evening. Oh, I smoke about a trillion when I booze.

Roisin said:
Its just cause yer old thats all... :p
watch someone die of lung cancer, then start getting panicky cuz yer exhibiting some of the symptoms yerself. that'll straighten anyone the fuck up about smoking.

dying from an addiction to a product generated by Big Tobacco isn't "cool' and "rebellious", it's "pathetic" and "ridiculous".

Sadly, it's taken me about 17 years to figure this out.

egg_ said:
Something wrong with being old? When did this happen?
I never heard "god complex" before, what do you mean Roisin?

Im takin the piss about the whole old thing. You know when your younger and you think you can do anything to yourself but dont care about the risks because in your mental opinion it will never happen you. Like I die my hair around every two or three weeks, my hair is going to fall out in a couple of years but im to dumb to care because ive confinced myself it will never happen me. Therefore I call it a god complex.

george mcfly said:
yeah i seem to be catching everything going..and for the first couple of weeks i had an insane bout of insomnia..seems to be getting a bit better now
i could easily become a fat bastard at the click of my fingers! am plagued constantly by hunger bubbles..but i'm doing loads of exercise stuff which is helping with the not smoking too

I had a bad insomnia stretch when I gave up. Lasted around a week.
June 25 2000. Still would love one now.

Roisin said:
Im takin the piss about the whole old thing. You know when your younger and you think you can do anything to yourself but dont care about the risks because in your mental opinion it will never happen you. Like I die my hair around every two or three weeks, my hair is going to fall out in a couple of years but im to dumb to care because ive confinced myself it will never happen me. Therefore I call it a god complex.
Pretty sure a God complex is something else. You are describing 'hubris' young lady!

I very rarely get the urge for a smokeytreat. Once every few months when I'm drunk, and it's 4AM. Obviously at that point one is not enough.

I'm glad to see this thread still here.
I went to the Doctor on Monday cos I couldn't breathe. He told me I'd be dead in ten years if I didn't quit smoking. For real.
So I'm 24 hours off the fags. Never even tried before. But I'm never going back.

ok lads, i'm in a fouler today
and i went rasher at home for no reason last night.. just tore the heads off everyone

need a bit of cheering up :(

ah it'll pass. take up football or something.

i remember after a couple of months off them, cycling up this hill really fast, and getting to the traffic lights, having a rest, taking really really deep breats, and not feeling that tickly sensation in the back of my troath, or any wheezyness, just gulping in massive amounts of air in to my lungs, with no coughing fits. it's was a rapid buzz, a natural high. of course, teh air in this city is so full of carcnogens, i was really just fasttracking tehm into my bloodstream, but the important thing in that respect was, it wasn't my choice. ah giving up smoking. it's utterly disempowering.

george mcfly said:
ok lads, i'm in a fouler today
and i went rasher at home for no reason last night.. just tore the heads off everyone

need a bit of cheering up :(
leave your office door open there and i'll burst in in some sort of wacky costume

Hector Grey said:
ah it'll pass. take up football or something.

i remember after a couple of months off them, cycling up this hill really fast, and getting to the traffic lights, having a rest, taking really really deep breats, and not feeling that tickly sensation in the back of my troath, or any wheezyness, just gulping in massive amounts of air in to my lungs, with no coughing fits. it's was a rapid buzz, a natural high. of course, teh air in this city is so full of carcnogens, i was really just fasttracking tehm into my bloodstream, but the important thing in that respect was, it wasn't my choice. ah giving up smoking. it's utterly disempowering.

am spending my evenings bmxing like a motherfucker

yeah it's cool the way you notice yourself getting healthier.. i'm not tempted to have a sneaky smoke..just have that craving like i should be doing something but i don't know what it is

detxa, the door is open but there's loads of people in here.. i think it would end up being embarrassing for both of us

brianoak said:
How do you BMX like a motherfucker?Do you ride street?What bike have you got?

it's a HH bike..after a few weeks of pulling my arms out of my sockets trying to do a front wheel pull without pedalling in i just realised that i'm supposed to use my back..that and back wheel pull ups are as good as i get at the moment

Speaking of bikes....

excercise/cycling is the best cure for smoking i've found. i can go whole days without, very often midweek i dont bother at all, . tecnically i've just transferred my addiction from nicotine to putting up mileage on two wheels. i would easily wipe out 50g's of tobacco in a sober week before i started that lark..

although I'd never diliberatly quit as long as doobs beer and wimmin smoke.

george mcfly said:
it's a HH bike..after a few weeks of pulling my arms out of my sockets trying to do a front wheel pull without pedalling in i just realised that i'm supposed to use my back..that and back wheel pull ups are as good as i get at the moment

Hahaha yeah drop your weight over the back wheel and keep your arms bent.Physics is wonderful.Fair play.

captain a said:
Speaking of bikes....

excercise/cycling is the best cure for smoking i've found. i can go whole days without, very often midweek i dont bother at all, . tecnically i've just transferred my addiction from nicotine to putting up mileage on two wheels. i would easily wipe out 50g's of tobacco in a sober week before i started that lark..

although I'd never diliberatly quit as long as doobs beer and wimmin smoke.
yeah wimmin who smoke are up for it all right. only sluts smoke. it's true.

smoking is habitual. break the habits. get new ones.

Hector Grey said:
yeah wimmin who smoke are up for it all right. only sluts smoke. it's true. /quote]

Paul Daniels said as much to me once. When I was a student I was working in a theatre and was there on a celebrity-filled opening night (by celebs I mean Rolf Harris, Daniels and Debbie and a few people from Neighbours). I was enjoying a smoke with a couple of other studes after lamping loads of champers and the midget magician comes up to us and says 'You are very pretty girls, but in showbiz, if we want to make a woman look tarty we stick a cigarette in her hand'.

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back